fourteen

The drive to Ava's house was tiring, and longer than I expected it to be. I had small bags forming under my eyes from the lack of sleep this week, but I was happy that Ava had called me and wanted to hang out. It was finally Saturday night, and I did nothing but sleep all day which was actually really nice. Nobody was home to wake me up, and I slept peacefully like I normally didn't. I was surprised that Ava had called since we haven't been talking much recently. Ever since that night with Tanner and I, I have pretty much been ignoring everyone besides Luke. Ava said she wanted to take me out somewhere since we haven't been talking much, and she knows that I don't get out much anymore. The reason for that is, well, I don't really even have a reason. In my junior year, I would go out to all the parties, I was friends with a lot of people, and I was just a more social person. This year I decided to focus more on my school work, hoping my grades could get better than the past years.

It's been a couple of days since Luke and I hung out at the mall, but luckily we have been talking more during school. During our free period he would help me with calculus which I didn't understand whatsoever, and during our class we had together we would exchange a couple conversations. I think he agreed to be friends? By the way we are talking and hanging out it seemed that he accepted my apology, and wanted to get past all the shit that we went through together. Whenever we talked, there were only some awkward silences, not very many though, which I was glad for.

I slowly pull up Ava's street, driving up to her driveway, and parking behind her parents car. She only lived about 15 minutes away from me in another little town over. I didn't mind the drive at all since she was one of my best friends. She lived in a smaller neighborhood, with much smaller houses since she has a small family. I parked my car, and started walking across the driveway to her door. I walked up a couple steps, and knocked a few times waiting for her to answer the door.

"Hey!" She excitedly shouted, bringing me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, enjoying the tight embrace from her. I really missed hanging out with her, so I was really glad to be here with her tonight. I had no idea where she was going to take me, but I was hoping it wasn't anything to crazy or tiring because let's face it, I'm still so fucking tired.

"Hi," I answered a smile on my face as I pulled away from her.

She nodded for me to come in so we weren't just standing in the doorway. I followed her inside her house, leading me through the living room, and finally up the stairs to her room. She lived in an a nice house, but on the smaller side. She had no siblings, so it was pretty much always quiet around her house. Her mom doesn't work, so she is usually always home, but never bothering us when we hang out.

As soon as we entered her room, I instantly plopped down on her bed, laying on my back, and looking up towards the ceiling.

"So, where are we going tonight?" I ask Ava as she walks between her room and her bathroom.

"I actually don't really know what to call it, but a party?" She questioned herself, stopping in her tracks to think for a second.

"Really? A party?" I sighed. I was hoping we were going to do something with just us two, and not going to some drunk ass party.

"Scar," she started to say, as I encouraged her to keep speaking. "It's not like a party with drinkng and loud music. I mean, I don't really know. Some guy in one of my classes told me about it, so I thought why not go and check it out," she finally finished, going back into her bathroom, probably to get ready for tonight.

"I'm not really feeling this tonight," I tell her, walking into her bathroom so she could hear me.

"Come on! We haven't gone out in a while together," she pleaded, pouting like a puppy to try and get me to give in. She batted her eye lashes and stuck out her bottom lip, waiting for me to give in to her, which obviously she knew I was going to.