Can I Love..What I Train?

This was requested by TreeulaVine! Also the picture above is drawn by me. (And i realized I didn't give Goth a tail 0~0 whoops, but he does have a tail.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palette had a bucket full of fish as he made it to where he kept Goth. Goth was a dragon-skeleton hybrid that Palette chose to train. Goth was watching the birds fly around and feed their young. Palette chuckled at Goth's curiosity and knocked on the bucket. Goth's attention then turned towards Palette. His tail instantly started to wag rapidly as his face lit up at the sight of Palette. Goth ran as fast as he could to Palette and jumped on him. Palette laughed as Goth kept licking his cheekbone.

"G-Goth! That tickles!" Palette managed to say. Goth eventually stopped and started to eat the fish. He was half way done, but suddenly he hissed. Palette tilted his head. "What is it, Goth?" Palette asked as he looked in the bucket. Goth continued to hiss and Palette found the source of it. He picked up an eel from the bucket and Goth growled loudly. "Woah, woah, woah, easy Goth," Palette reassured him and threw the eel away to a nearby pond.

Goth scoffed and continued eating from the bucket. Palette chuckled to himself as he walked to a flat rock and watched Goth eat. He thought it was weird at first, but knew that Goth couldn't have known since he was too busy with his food. Palette had his head in his hands and he continued to watch Goth and soon drifted off to day-dreaming.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Palette snapped out of his day-dreaming when he felt something hot on his body. He saw his sleeve on fire. He jumped up and ran towards the pond and slipped his sleeve in it. He turned to Goth and saw him quietly snickering. Palette gave him a glare and Goth immediately stopped laughing. He cowarded down. Palette never shown him any negative emotions towards him before. Goth played with the dirt under him in shame. Palette walked over to him and pet him.

Goth blushed and looked up at Palette. "It's fine, Goth. You were just trying to wake me up, I guess. Don't worry I'm not mad at you," Palette gave Goth one of his signature smiles. Goth's tail moved in the air as happy as possible. "Now let's start with our training!" Palette said with enthusiasm. Goth jumped in agreement and excitement.

~Time-Skip~

It was getting dark and Goth knew this was the time Palette had to leave. Palette waved bye to Goth, but Goth whined sadly, giving puppy eyes to Palette. Palette stopped and gave Goth a smile. He cupped Goth's cheekbones and nuzzled his nose with his. "No need to worry, Goth! I'll be back tomorrow!" Palette pat Goth's head before leaving. Goth sat on the dirty ground, glancing at the direction Palette left. Goth then stood and decided to go after Palette.

Goth followed Palette until he made it to some village. Goth tilted his head in confusion, but continued to follow Palette. Goth hid in the shadows so no one else can see him. Goth saw Palette stop at a house and he opened the door. Goth gasped and dashed for the door, but ended up getting face-first to the door. A loud thud was heard as Goth tried to gain his balance as he was seeing stars and somehow got into some nearby bushes.

"What was that?" a voice from inside asked. Palette opened the door and looked around before closing it.

"I don't know. I didn't see anything," Palette stated to the unknown person. Goth regained his composure, but saw that he failed to get to Palette. He went back to his home and thought about how his plan back fired. Then he got another thought.

'Maybe it isn't so bad. Palette said he'll be coming back and I found out where he goes when he leaves. So it's not all bad!' Goth smiled and let out a yawn. He patted around in a circle before curling up and falling asleep.

~In The Morning~

Goth yawned as he stretched and shook a bit. He looked up as he heard the birds chirp over him. He was going to watch them, but his thoughts moved over to Palette. Goth couldn't wait for him to come! Goth sat on the grass, in front of where Palette always walks through. His tail wagged behind him as he waited....

He continued to wait...

And wait...

And wait...

It was the afternoon. Maybe Palette was just late?

More waiting...

Even more waiting...

Where's Palette?