Chapter 3: peacock in a suit??

"Aaaahhhh" I gave a long yawn. I can't believe I slept well last night.
I smell something delicious. I wriggle my nose to be sure of the smell. Yep, It was food.  Did Tayo cook? He Must have really wanted to eat that meat. Hmm. I'm just glad he cooked and he didn't bother me.

I stand up from my bed. Stretch a little, do my hygiene routine. Looking at my made up features in the mirror. I look good.
Now,  let's go and get excited about work and whatever Tayo has cooked.
I step out of my room, wondering if Tayo is still in the kitchen but to my amusement....

"Hello." she smiled at me, only wearing a towel. Who the hell is she?

"Uhmm he...llo." I responded still confused. Where is that perverted idiot. I'm so gonna...
"are you looking for Tayo?." her tiny sultry voice interrupted my intent killing thoughts.

"Huh? " I move to the kitchen, looking at the full pot of meat red stew and another pot with rice.  Who is she? I face back at her and smile.  "Tayo?. "

"Yeah, he just left like 20minutes ago.." she said still smiling.

"oh OK. " I responded picking my bag to go to work.  I can't be bothered by this right? . That idiot telling one of his 'fun nights' to cook our food but the stew looks delicious maybe I shouldn't judge her yet. She's a first to cook in our house out of all his 'female' night visitors.

"are you leaving now?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah,  I have to go to work and I can't be late. Just lock up and give the gate man the keys when you leave. " I said, waving her goodbye. Why did I wave at her?.

Oh Tayo, I will deal with you later.

**********************************

"Alima where is the account record for last session. The principal wants to see it so she can show it to the new vice-principal. And he's sooo handsome...." she kept talking.  Adesua my colleague in the account department in  the secondary school I work at. Oh I didn't tell you I work in a school right?.

Well, after I was done with my Nysc service year in the Far East, I decided coming to Lagos will widen my horizons more.  And since I studied business administration, I landed in the account dept here in this school a private school that is. So that's my flashback on my career.

Adesua who kept talking about the new vice principal, who I haven't met. Didn't she come here about last session's account book.  Na WA this girl is a gossip.
But I like her sha.  She's one of the realest in this school.  My boss is the worst. The head of account Dept. Let's talk about her later.  Let's go back to Adesua and her gossiping.

"Adesuaaa, your eyes ehnn." I snicker at her while looking for the account file.

"mtchewww, it's because you haven't seen him. Ha. You need to see those SS3 girls as they crowded their class windows just to peep at him." she explains excessively. "He looks young sef." she rolls her eyes.

"Here. The account record." I point the file at her.  I'm not really interested about all the happenings in this school. Unless it's very important. And this new vice-principal, to  get that much admiration from female students?

Hian. Orishirishi.

School is almost over, am a bit hungry. I didn't get that much satisfaction from the two cracker biscuits and apple juice I bought during lunch break.  Yes, I am very stingy to myself. Sue me.  Also I don't like what they are eating today on the today's lunch menu. Yam and beans. Urgh.

As I was soothing my complaining hungry stomach and hoping for school to end quickly, so I can dash outta here,  the door to the office opens and a head pops in.  Who is this?

"Hi. " the head smiles at me.  Ooooh cute guy.  Looks like a ladies man.  Almost reminds me of someone whose name I would not like to mention.

"hi." I respond back.  He came forward holding a file. "this is the account file for last session." he drops the file on my desk. "nice office." he says looking around the office.

"Are you new?" I ask. feeling like I'm being inspected.
"Yes. I just came in today. The principal wanted me to know the staff in each department. Oh and my name is Benjamin, but you can call me Ben. " he smiled at me.

Is this guy trying to flirt with me? Shuuuuuu.

"OK, since you've known the office and thanks for dropping the files, you can leave now .  I'm about to leave since the school is about to be over."  I smirk at him.
Na WA ooo. New guy dey look for new romantic flame on his first day at work. I can't laugh.

"Oh OK.  Sorry for bothering you. It was nice meeting you Miss Alima." He smiles back, heading towards the door as Adesua comes in greeting him as he leaves.
Wait, how does he know my name?

"Oh my Gosh. You met him. Isn't he handsome." She hurries to my desk. The school bell rings indicating school was over.

Who?

"Him?" I ask with less enthusiasm. I should go home now.  I'm hungry.

"The new vice-principal." she giggles moving to her seat and also packing her bag to leave.

The new what????  Oh my..... That peacock in a suit??? Suddenly our little conversation replayed back into my vision.

What the hell did I just do?

Suddenly my phone rings
I look at the caller ID and ugh. It's Tayo.

"what." I demanded. Right now, I just humiliated myself in front of the new vice-principal. Not in the mood for rude sarcastic conversations.

"I'm home. It's 4pm.  What time are you coming home?." he asked and Why is he concerned?. He should have fun with that girl in a towel from earlier this morning.

"None of your business." I cut the call.
Some seconds later I receive a text.  From Tayo.  What is wrong with this guy.

I read it out of annoyance.

'I made rice and stew this morning. Did you  see it?. Should I warm it for you? And You  are so dead for cutting the call on me.'

Argghhh. 

--------------------------------------------
A/n:  peacock in a suit. Lol.
Do you think Alima is a nice person??
Let me know.

So I am very sorry for not posting for a while.  I had this little accident but am getting better tho.  Merry Christmas in arrears. Even though I didn't enjoy it as much.  Hope you enjoyed yours.

Guess you like the new chapter??

Keep reading, comment and vote.

Thanks for your time.
Love Y'all.