Chapter 16: "Can't you tell??" (part 2)

Tayo's POV

"You're INLOVE with my SISTER abi???." she blurted out.

What the.......

"What? " I chukled. This is outrageous. Who figures stuff like that?.

"don't 'WHAT' me." she rolls her eyes moving her head vigorously. "you know it's true.  Why are you denying it?".

"uhhhh... I don't know where you are getting at, but I don't think I.....have feelings for her like that." l look  outside where Ali is still talking on the phone. Thinking of all the times with Ali, do I look at her with feelings? and this little brat blurting 'love' out.

"Seriously??" she raises an eyebrow in disbelief. " but you paused. Hmm? "

"Hian, I see Ali like a little sister. Nothing like feelings. Jeez can't i be fond of a girl, without people thinking there could be feelings behind it. Ugh. What do you know." I said all that in a long breath, wishing this brat will stop talking before Ali ends her call.

"what do I know?." she twitched an eyebrow, covering her anger with a corny smile. "well,  I do know that boys always bully girls they like......alot." she moves towards the entrance of the door where Ali is behind, still smiling.

" so it's either you  don't know that you're inlove with her or you're just pretending." still smiling, she presses her palm on the knob about to open the door, "and if I open this door, and tell her that, I wonder what your expression will be like? "

"Either way, She won't believe you. " I said, standing my ground.

"Hmm,  let's find out then." she forcefully drags the door.......

"Wait."

She pauses at the mid of fully opening the door. "oh. " she smiles broadly this time.

Taking a deep breath, I think of my next words.  I can't believe this brat is making me act like this.  What if, I didnt realize I might be inlove with her?.  I have never pretended to be inlove with someone.  Probably I haven't really opened my heart out to love since.....two years ago.
I can't let this brat come in to my head and hypnotize me with the notion of having feelings for Ali.

"Do I like Ali? " my question sounded very unsure rather than a straight question.

"Do...... you like my sister?" she sighs,  "hm, can't you tell?. That's up to you  to fully acknowledge." she gently shuts the door back.

"but even if that could be true, she has feelings for some guy at work and he likes her back.  So that makes me a guy with an unrequited love in this love triangle." this is unbelievable that I am actually talking about this and with this little brat. Is there a part of me accepting this notion?.

"My sister can be slow sometimes, I'm sure she is not sure of the guy she claims to be inlove with." she scoffs.

"How do you know that? "

"Well you see, when my sister was younger, four years ago,  she had this guy she was dating. But things got out of hand that she had an accident and lost her memory for a year." she bit her lips in anger before continuing

"because I was still young with my twin, we would have dealt with the bastard that made her that way when he came back apologizing. If we ever catch him again this time, he's dead." her tone was cold dead at the last part.

"So with that accident, my sister is a bit slow when it comes to following her heart." she finally concludes

Aww, I felt a bit sympathetic when I heard that and a little touched that her siblings are watching out for her.

"So what makes you think, if I was "maybe" inlove with her,......."

"You're inlove with her." she corrects me.

"......what makes you think I'm the right guy for your sister? "

"You ju-" she suddenly stopped when Ali entered the room.

Shit.

Ali entered, looking at both her sister and myself who became quiet suddenly.

"what happened?" she asks feeling awkward like she missed something.

"nothing,"  I hold my packages tightly  walking to my room, "just that your sister has a very weird sense of imagination."

I stop at the foot of my door, when Zahra suddenly spoke.

"you only have to fully acknowledge it Mr Tayo." she giggles before skipping to Ali's room humming the 'jingle bells' song.

What?

As if reading my thought, Ali faces me with a puzzled look.

"what was that about?" she asks, still with a puzzled look.

"Nothing. Just take your medicine before you fall sick again." I yelled before barging into my room.

Ugh, why did I yell?

My palms feel sweaty. I immediately drop my packages on the bed while slumping by its side,  looking at the ceiling. The conversation between Zahra and I pops up.

" do you like my sister?"

"How am I suppose to know that?" I replied   to the ceiling. Suddenly Ali's face surfaces. 

What the hell?

"Am I really falling her?" whispering to my thoughts.

My heart beats weirdly.

Uggghhhhh.

Can't believe that brat got into my head.

----------------------------------+---
A/N : soooooooo......... OK.

I know this chapter looks shorter. But I hope you enjoyed it.

Do you like the cheesiness towards the end.

Till next week. Or maybe on Saturday for a bonus chapter. Keep ur fingers crossed.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.