Chapter 28: The picture with locked memories

"Tayo." she gently calls.

"Oh Tayo." she began to hum. Coming closer to where I was. I know I shouldn't pretend to sleep but I love the way she calls me. She cups my face in her palms blowing her warm breath on my face. I still pretended to be asleep. She then nibbles on my nose. I opened my eyes immediately.

"Dammy, were you trying to bite off my nose?" I playfully grabbed her by the waist placing her on my laps. Which she tried to resist to no avail.

"When I called you and you didn't reply." she pouted. "But I knew you were pretending sha. Because I know you're a light sleeper." She smiled brightly, relaxing on my lap.

"What's up? What are you doing here all by yourself?"  she asks looking at me with concern.

"Just thinking....." I shrugged.

"......about the examination. Don't worry." she gently hugs me. "You'll pass. You're smart.  And I know you will be a great surgeon." She pulls back to look at me again cheering me up with a smile. I smiled back, wanting to believe it. 

*********************

"Dammy Dammmy!!!  Guess."  I rush to her from the hospital hallway to where she was with her colleagues.

"What what?" she excitedly replied not sure of what is going on.

"I....... PASSED!!!" I hugged her tightly lifting her from the ground.

"Oh my gaaawwwddd. I'm so proud of you." she held me tightly.

"It's because you believed in me." I said between excited breaths before sweeping her into a deep kiss.

"Awwww mehnn you guys should get a room." One of her colleagues spoke out in embarrassment.

Today is my first day in sugery and i need some boost of encouragement. 
"Ugh Where did she go???" I thought to myself, wondering where Dammy had gone to. I even asked her colleagues but they couldn't really pinpoint where she went off to. Na wa for this babe.

"Oh you're looking for Dammy?" someone not from the group I was talking to overheard. "I think I saw her going to Dr. Shanna's office."

"Dr Shanna. OK thanks." I thank them before heading to the office.

I entered the office. The situation in the room looked different, it was obvious I had interrupted their discussion or something and was Dammy just crying? "Dammy?" I called feeling worried. She didn't look at me but just hurriedly left the office. Leaving me with Dr Shanna. What just happened? I looked back at Dr. Shanna for him to give me an explanation of what just happened.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Don't you have a surgery to prepare for?" He nagged before getting up.

"Uhm, Sir." I addressed. Obviously he is my superior since I'm still a medical student. "Why... Why was Dammy here?" I ask curious to know.

"I believe she can tell you that. Also, how prepared are you for this surgery." he changed the topic.

Uhm...  I am fully prepared sir." I sounded firm and sure of myself. Maybe Dammy will tell me what happened to her later. I should be focused for the surgery.

"Good." he smiled. "Two words of advice before you go." he holds my shoulder. "Don't puke."  He chuckled before leaving the office.

"I won't sir." I confirmed loudly for him to hear.

Later that day...

"Wow, there there." Dammy kept patting my back in the restroom toilet.

"I don't even know how it happened." I said before another round of puking began. Dammit I can't believe I puked on my first day of surgery.  It wasn't terrifying when I usually watched the surgery processes on the screen whenever other surgeons were performing. But seeing it up close, I became so nervous I was sweating and I didn't know when my stomach gave up.

"Are you Ok now? Here." she asks before passing me a bottle of water to rinse my mouth with. Gently rubbing my back. Aaah I feel a bit better now. 
We came out of the restroom to the  courtyard in the hospital for fresh air.

"How do you feel now? " she asks placing her hand on my forehead.

"I feel better. Thanks." I grabbed her hand from my head placing it on my chest. I do feel better now. I'm so lucky to have her by my side. Suddenly my thought went back to when she came out of Dr. Shanna's office.

"What happened at Dr. Shanna's." I asked. Obviously I was curious about it.  And why was she crying? What happened? All these questions, I wanted to ask but rather she just avoided it with a smile.

"It's nothing." She smiled toothily. Deep down,  I knew she was hiding something. Maybe I shouldn't press it. When she wants to tell me, she will. I kissed her just then as she smiled. Which made her to tilt back a bit.

"What?"

"Your mouth. You just puked ewwwwww." she rubs her lips vigorously. As if that will stop me from wanting to cover her with lots of kisses now. Grabbing her firmly while she struggled, I started showering her with kisses while she wailed playfully.

"Na wa, during day light again." A voice interrupted us.

"Demi." Dammy called, breaking away from my grip.

"Is this what they told you two to come and do in medical school?" She reprimanded us.

"Why is she here?" I hissed.

"So because now you're seeing my sister 24/7 here. You don't want to see your bestie abi? " she rolls her eyes at me, hissing.

"Tayo. I told her to come so she can take a photo of us.  You know we didn't celebrate your passing the surgical Exam." she explained.

"OK." I pouted.

"Congrats." she eyes me again.

"Eh? Is that how to congratulate someone?" I complained.

"Haha. Demi, you won't believe this, he actually puked during the procedure." she blurted out unable to hide her laughter.

"Dammmyyyy, why naaaaaa." I whined. 

"pffttt. Hahahahhahhaha" Demi also busted out laughing. "Surgeon that cannot withstand the inside of a human being. Is that one surgeon?" she laughed harder.

"It was only once oo." I grumbled folding my arms feigning my annoyance.

"OK OK. It was only once. Demi stop laughing." Dammy gradually stops laughing.

"Oya take our photo." Dammy says to Demi.

"Fine." she said pulling her camera out of her bag to adjust the lens while Dammy and I set to position ourselves.

"OK." Demi confirmed before snapping us.

"OK. Ready. Smile."  As Demi was about taking the shot,  Dammy plants a huge kiss on my cheek and our picture was taken.

Opening my eyes from what felt like a long dream. I can't believe I still remember that day.  And that picture that I hid in between my books. I haven't looked at it since that day Dammy died.

My mind wonders back to that day when she was at Dr.  Shanna's office.

"Why didn't you tell me?"  my heart felt like bursting out as I kept thinking of the past that I tried so hard to not remember.

"Dammy Why didn't you tell me. " I choked out.

"Why."

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  I don't really have anything to say but 'awwwwnnnnnnnn.'

What didn't Dammy tell him? Hmmmm

Give your  comments and vote.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.