Chapter 25: That kiss, That call and That guest. (prt. 1)

The tension in the room felt thtreatening and I wasn't ready to back down either. This guy, because of his built might give me more damage. But I'm ready to go all out. 

Our glares bore into each other. As if we were reading each other's moves and mood, anticipating who makes the first move.

*****************************************

Alima's POV

Phew. I'm done. Zipping up my full luggage, I arrange the smaller bags by the door of my room. Once again I look at the empty room, feeling a tear about to rise at the corner of my eyes. I held in a deep breath making a wish before breathing out. Because I felt I could believe in a little wish. I guess.

"I'm sure Tayo is already tired of waiting." I muttered to myself, when the door forcibly opens ajar and Tayo comes in.

"How long will it take you to pack? "He snarled at me before looking at the empty space. "Let's go." he said, picking my big luggage that I just zipped up from the bed making him wince a little bit before applying more strength to carry the big bag. What's up with him, he even looks more angry at me than when he came in earlier.  Ah. I almost forgot, Benjamin.

"Don't bother he's gone." Tayo spoke out before I hurriedly moved to find no one in the living room. He left? Did they talk or what. I looked back at Tayo who still looked pissed.

Somehow, I felt Benjamin wanted to talk to me about something important. Maybe I've been too harsh on him since I ignored him. I probably have to see him probably before the new year so we could talk. Deep down, I still don't know how I feel for Benjamin. Like I said, it could just be physical attraction. And Tayo, thinking about Tayo gives me complicated feelings.

"EH!! Madam day dreamer, let's move." Tayo ordered from the entrance. "Oh sorry." I quickly apologise, noticing he had already packed my smaller bags to the car too. I say my last goodbye to the empty room and later the house, before entering the car. 

"I'm busy now, stop calling me." Tayo harshly hangs up the call, tossing the phone to his side. His face still hard,  he drove out of the compound to face the road.

Should I ask? Well, I know it's not like he is angry at me but I just felt curious. 

"Hey make sure you give me the right directions to your friend's place." He finally spoke to me, still focusing on the road. His face looked a little calmer now. Maybe I shouldn't ask, it will only make me look like a nosy person. Also about that picture.
I sank back into the car seat stretching my legs and try to enjoy the ride since Adesua's place is about 45minutes from Tayo place. 

Finally arrived at Adesua's place. Upon hearing the sound of the car parking, Adesua jumped out to meet us. She quickly walks towards me, giving me a hug before taking a brief glance at Tayo who was already bringing out the bags from the car.

"Is he not the guy...from that party" Adesua whispers in my ear, then faces Tayo with a big smile. "Thank you for bringing her things......sir?" Adesua wondered if she should be formal. "Before you leave, why don't you stay and have a cold drink." still smiling.

"Thanks but I don't think that will be necessary." He responded looking at me before closing the boot of the car.

"Oh ok." Adesua felt a little rejected before picking my smaller bags and headed indoors. She paused for a moment looking back at me and spoke. "You two can take your time to say your goodbyes. You can also kiss too, I won't mind." She playfully winked and continued back towards her quarters. Sheesh that girl can be a little devil.

Finally just the two of us in this awkward silence. Way to go Adesua, thanks for making it awkward.

"Your friend is funny." He broke the silence, amused by the way I had reacted. Coming closer towards me, he smirked a bit and then halted just few inches away from me.

"Won't you give me a hug?" He grinned, spreading his arms open.

"Seriously?" Tayo is playing with me again. "Are you serious?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Awww, I'm serious. I mean, I might miss you and I'll get a bit lonely and no one to bully." He replied back still grinning and waiting for his hug.

"But it looks like you are happy that I'm leaving tho." I eyed him with my snotty remark. Did he just say 'might miss me'? Now he's just annoying.

"You nko?" I ask. "Won't you give me something before you go. I'm not saying a hug." I pouted.

"Oh?" he slants his head as if he didn't understand what I was a saying. "So no hugs. Then......... a kiss? " He looked serious.

What the...!! Why would he say that. He's joking right. Let's just ignore him. Making me feel nervous. I sigh, before speaking again. "Goodbye then. Thanks for letting me stay at your place until now. I won't ever forget the memories." I said my piece, prepared to walk past him, heading to the quarters. Immediately I said that, as I already started walking away he suddenly grabs my hand. I quivered as he suddenly pulls me to his chest with a quick force. I froze. What's happening?

Still holding me tightly and not saying anything to me.  I kept wondering what was going on in his head. Resting his chin on my head and holding me close like this, I seriously don't want to let go. I could feel his warm chest and hear the rapid heart beats. Probably mine was louder, I couldn't tell.

"Hey Ali, I'm going to miss you....a lot. But that doesn't mean I won't come see you again. Unless you don't want me to." His voice was serious yet warm. I could feel the vibration of his voice on my forehead. His voice sounded sincere.

"I want to see you too." My voice squeaked making him chuckle and his chest vibrated. I held him tightly this time.  Like it was just us two that existed right now and I didn't want to let go. 

"Hey, if you hold me like that, I will seriously want to kiss you." he said this, but only held on tighter.

"You don't have to hold back." I wasn't sure if that was what I said, but I wanted to kiss him too. Gosh, I'm so weird.

"You really like to kiss people in unexpected places...dont you?"  He chuckled. "Like at the party that night."

I covered my mouth to avoid a gasp that almost escaped. He remembered. He releases his hug, now looking at me directly. I couldn't read his expression.

Suddenly his phone rings interrupting the silence between us. He looks at his phone before giving murmuring curse at it.

"Sorry, unknown number, bad timing." He apologized.

"No problem." I said feeling emotionally exhausted but I was a bit curious about that call.

I can't believe I totally wanted a kiss from him...... again. Maybe it might be different from the last time.

He smiled at my response and without me realizing it,  he pulls my face to his, planting a kiss on my forehead. He let's go and walks back to his car. And me, I was completely......paralysed. 

"Call me once you've finally settled in." he called out before exiting the premises.

He he...he...he just kissed me.  On the forehead tho. But I felt the electricity of his soft lips slide down my spine and making my stomach feel like butterflies. Even if it's on my forehead, it still means something right? Sure,  it does. Oh my God, he kissed me. I feel like jumping.

"Ooooooooohhhhhhh I saw everything." Adesua grinned sheepishly as she came out. Was she spying? Of course she would.

Tayo kissed me. I'm definitely not sleeping properly this night.

I feel awkwardly happy.

--------_----------------------_----------------------------
A/N: Awwwwww. Is Tayo falling for her finally?

Let me know what you think. 

Somehow this chapter feels cheesy. Oh well. 

Till Friday. Or Saturday.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.