chapter 30: Let me be your responsibility (pt1)

"How many fingers do you see?" Tayo gently moves his fingers to the vision of his patient. Looking very displeased by the commotion that had happened while he wasn't around.

"Three?" Benjamin's muffled angry tone came across. Trying to gather his composure.

"Do you remember your name?" Tayo asks again, looking at his wrist watch and counting silently.

"Do I look like i'm dizzy to you?" Benjamin swats Tayo's hand away from his vision.

Tayo looks at Benjamin, he grabs a little torch from his first aid kit and suddenly flashes the torch at Benjamin's eye without any emotion, making him wince in pain. Right now what Tayo felt like doing was driving all the people in his house away. How can so many events happen in one person's house and he has to treat a man with a bruised face in his room. He can only silently curse at whose fault it is.

"Why are you helping me?" Benjamin questions, feeling confused and angry that he had to be treated by this guy he obviously doesn't like. He hates that Tayo is the one close to Alima.

"I'm not helping you. My line of work is helping you." Tayo retorted moving towards his desk.

His statement made Benjamin to smirk for a bit before asking another question.

"Why are you always close to Alima."

"Uhhh. Didn't i tell you, we are just too close." Tayo's answer was blank and he couldn't care less if Benjamin was about to pounce on him. Not like he can at the moment tho.

Turning face Benjamin, "Look,  I don't care or want to know why you let a kid punch you, especially in my house." He sighed, feeling exhausted.

"I came to talk to Alima." Benjamin opened his mouth before closing it again. Almost feeling bad for himself.

"uggghhhhh. good for you...." Tayo's eyes rolls over unemotionally. Knowing exactly why he came.

"And I'm going to get her back. Because she belongs to me." He finally said making sure his last statement sank in for Tayo to understand. Which made Tayo only to look at him, looking uncertain as to what way to respond back.

"OK. Cool, goodluck with that." Tayo feigns a smile,trying hard not to let his calm composure be broken down by Benjamin's declaration. Is he testing him?

"Oh and make sure you eat before taking any painkillers for that swollen bump on your head." he said, still smiling.

Benjamin getting pissed stands up from the bed to leave before adding again, "I will tell her everything you hear me!! I'm not a coward." he aggressively points at Tayo.

"Tell me what?" Alima suddenly enters the room looking confused at both men.

"Nothing, he just feels a bit tired and I was about to go and get some painkillers for him. Obviously he was coming to talk to you. I guess." Tayo cuts in before leaving the both of them in there.

Coming out of the room, he sees a very shaken Zahra sitting while Ramsey also sitting beside her, has his head facing the ground.

Suddenly he felt like his house has began to look more like an hotel for angry men and unwanted women.

"Hey." he points at Ramsey, who looks up, his facial expression blank yet you could feel the anger surrounding him.

"Follow me." Tayo ordered, making Ramsey to slowly rise. They both leave the house, leaving Zahra in the sitting room and Benjamin and Alima in his room.

It feels like he is never going to get control of his house again. 'Why is Ali here anyway???' he thought to himself. "I hate this feeling." he murmured while driving out of the compound.