Chapter 12: the guy who got left behind

She is looking at me with so much interest that it makes me feel a bit nervous.
Why did I say that anyway?.

Annoying.

I take another scoop of my ice cream.

"Oh.... " she pauses for a while probably thinking of her next words.  I don't need sympathy you know.

I watch her, from her up do hairstyle, her perfectly faint makeup. To me,  she still looked beautiful without it and if she let her hair down. She's dressed pretty, probably for that guy. What was his name again?  Sounded preppy when she told me. Like I care.

I sigh,  when it seems to take her close to a minute to come up with what to say.

"it was a long time ago." I spoke.  Though I felt a pinch in my heart.  "and the accident today was not related to it. So don't think too much about trying to pity me." I stated.

"then what was it? " she asked still worried. 

"exhaustion. Seems I've been working for a week straight without any rest.  But don't worry once i take good multivitamins and good rest.  This bad boy here,..." I point at my body. "has a load of lifetimes stacked up for him." I chuckled which she did too.

"What are you.....a cat?" she smiled, letting her hair fall. She paused again. What is she thinking again?. This woman.

"Uhm.... I want to apologize properly about what I said the other day." she fondled with the tip of her hair looking nervous.

What she said???  Am I suppose to remember that?. 

"It's unnecessary. You don't have to. " I said, waving my hand for her to forget about it.

"Bu..Bu...But  what I said was really bad.  I felt...terrible after I said it.  I...I...I still feel terri...rrible after you just said your girlfriend d-di..ied."  she was stuttering.  She doesn't know how funny she looks. 

"Hey, you didn't know. It was out of anger." I tried to sound less concerned about what happened. It didn't really hurt when she said it.

"Do you think you're all that. I'm sure some ladies could kill themselves to just be with you..... "

Probably I should have taken it as a joke then.

"I feel like an insensitive person. " she pouted tearfully.

"You're not."  I said,  to make her feel less guilty.

"She also said the same thing when she was alive. It's more of a joke tho." I smile and a glimpse of her appeared in my vision. With that her sickly smile she still said jokes. 

"That doesn't make me feel any better." she pouted again.

"OK,  fine.  Ask me what you want to know about my dead girlfriend. So you  can stop looking at me with guilt and pity. Because I can't bully you if you keep doing that." I stated. Feeling  it's best to just talk about it and forget.  Since that is what I did for the past two years.

"Fine, OK. But if I you can't answer some, let me know. " she said feeling  a bit relaxed.

"Alright."

"How did she die? " she was reluctant before starting.

"Suicide."

Oh." her expression looked sad.  "when did she die? "

"Two years ago. Tomorrow's her remembrance."

Why do you keep responding with no emotions." she complained.