chapter 27: oh two women.

Alima's POV.

"Aaaawnnnnn." I yawned, blinking the sleep away from my eyes. I slept well. More like I smiled through out my sleep. I feel giddy and excited. I should see Tayo today.  Right? Who cares. I want to.

Finally arrived at the front door of Tayo's place. I feel so nervous. After he kissed me on the forehead yesterday.  I couldn't stop thinking about it. Maybe... just maybe we can push that little spark and make it into an explosion. Ooooh, just thinking about it makes me blush brighter. 

Is no one home? I just knocked twice. Is he still sleeping? If only he didn't collect back the extra key, I would have easily entered and given him a surprise. Suddenly the door opens. Revealing a....a....a....a woman?????

Shocked at the sight before me. I can't believe this? My inner thoughts keep throwing insults at Tayo automatically. I look properly at the figure before me. She looked tired, her hair a mess and her eyes puffy. Somehow she looked like I've seen her somewhere. I can't place where.

"Who are you?" her sluggish and coarse voice came across.

"Errr..." I'm not sure what to respond right now. Has she been crying?.

"House keeper?" she answered for me. Still looking pitiful and sluggish.

Where's Tayo? I wondered.

"Huh? Sorry I'm not an house keeper." I corrected which made her to look at me suspiciously. "I'm his....... roommate." I confirmed feeling a bit nervous.

Who is this woman?

"Roommate?" she looks at me from toe to head. "Hmph, you're not that pretty." She rolled her eyes, stepping back into the house, "come in, come in." she ordered while heading to the couch and slumping on it carelessly.

"Oow" she groaned.

"Uhm... Where is Tayo? " I asked, a little concerned by the situation in front of me. I move towards his room but no one was inside. Where did he go? Looking at her again. Is she also a work colleague?

"Oof. that bastard, left me tired and hungry." she whined,  sitting back up abruptly facing me again. 

"OK......Then I'll be leaving. Bye." Can't help the circumstance. I guess I'll just comeback. I don't want to look stupid. Or over think right now.  I turn towards the door about to leave when she stops me.

"Haba.... You too." she began to sob sheepishly. "Why are you insensitive too." she feigned a cough.

"Huh?" I was a little puzzled. What's going on?

"You came in here, saw how I looked, and you couldn't ask. Is that good?" she whined.

"I'm sorry but I don't think that concerns me." I apologized turning again.

"Fine." she pouted stubbornly, folding her arms. "When you get outside make sure you tell a police man or a Samaritan to  bring help for me and you must tell them that you abandoned a helpless woman too. MAKE SURE!" she yelled the last part.

"What??? "

Is she serious? The more I look at her, the more I think she seems delusional. What is Tayo doing with this type of woman?

Still looking at her, who already was playing with her messy hair. Guess I should just ask then.

I sigh hopelessly. "What is it then?" I ask, I hope it's something reasonable.

She stops playing with her hair and sits properly, her eyes began to sparkle. "Uhm... When that idiot called Tayo left me, I kept looking at that fridge and I just couldn't get anything to eat. To be honest, I can't 
really cook." she sniffs a bit.

"What??" stunned at her revelation. This woman is really funny.

"Will you help a....person in need." she looked at me with teary eyes.

Oh my God.

"Na wa oo." I muttered.  "should I cook something for you?"  I ask. Let me just help her situation. Na WA.

"Yayyyyyyy. The kitchen is over there. Do your magic." She stands up smiling excitedly and adjusting her hair into a bun. "then...let me go and freshen up." she sang towards Tayo's room.

She's a character. And I taught Zahra had a funny character. But still something bugged at me with this lady. She looks familiar. 
Suddenly I recalled when she pulled her hair to a bun and smiled.  
That smile, that face. Sh..e she's, oh my God. 

Done with the cooking, I place the food with a bottle water on the dinning table. Waiting for her to come out of Tayo's room. Soon she bubbles out of the room looking refreshed and......very beautiful. Now I know where I've seen her. The picture.

She is Tayo's.......????? But she's suppose to be dead.

"Aaahhhh the bath was so wonderful." she giggled, sitting down to eat the food.

Oh God she's looks sooo picture perfect. I couldn't stop staring.
As if noticing that I was staring for a while. She looks up at me. Raising an eyebrow at me. "Can I help you?" She asks.

"Errr..... You're..." I couldn't get my words out. 

"Oh. You recognize me.  Well,  I was beginning to wonder why you didn't recognize me at first." she smiled brightly. "I'm Demilade Fahponda, Celebrity photographer for Genevieve Magazine." she added.

"Who?" I asked, puzzled at what she was saying. The only thing I grabbed was that her name was Demilade.

With the way I responded, she didn't smile brightly anymore. She continued eating. Did I offend her?

"Anyway, you're a lifesaver for cooking me a meal, a stranger. What's your name. Young woman." she nodded for me to respond.

Young woman? She looks younger than me sef. This lady sef.

"Alima." I said.

"Alima." she repeated. "So Alima, why did you stare at me like that? Since you don't know who I am.  I should feel angry but I won't.  Since you helped me anyway. It feels like I can tell you anything, ya'know." she was done eating now.  Looking at me squarely. Like her character suddenly changed.

"Err.....It's just that.... You look like someone I saw once." I said timidly.

"Oh? Someone you saw once. She looked exactly like me?" she slants her head, anticipating for me to go further with my recognition.

" it's just that I saw a picture of you with Tayo, I'm guessing, in a picture." I explained dumbly. 

"A picture of  me?" she shriveled her brows. Then she suddenly sparked up.  "Ooohhhh. That's not me." she laughed.

"Tayo barely takes pictures with me." She sounded bitter.

"Did Tayo tell you about that person? "

That person is not her? Then who? Obviously that person Tayo's dead girlfriend.

"Uhm. Tayo only told me about his girlfriend who died. Committed suicide actually. But I haven't met her before. I just stumbled on the photo and assumed it was her." I said, feeling comfortable talking to her. Since it looks like she knows Tayo closely.

"Ah of course." she smirked.  "So who do you think I am?" she asks again.

"I'm sorry I don't know. " I replied.

"You're a bit slow." her voice was emotionless and cold.

"Eh? "

She sighs disappointed at my puzzled look. 

"That woman in that picture, is Damilola. And I'm her twin, Demilade." she said. Looking at me for any expressions.

Her Twin?  Wow.

"Now,  that you know,  won't you ask me why she died? " she smiles but her hard glare wasn't. How can someone have so many emotions on one face. And at the same time.

-------------------------------------

A/n:  this woman sef...

Until Wednesday.

Thanks for your time.
Love y'all.