Chapter 36: Tell me about her (pt1)

Uhm. Should I knock or  should I just  call him that I'm in front of his house. Why am I so nervous? He's the one who invited me, why couldn't he just come n pick me up at the airport instead of telling me to come to his house.  This must be his Family house.  Will I get to meet his mum??  Oh my.  I should adjust my appearance.

Still struggling to look presentable, when the front gate automatically opens by itself . Wow.

"Walk straight to the front door please. " a voice came through from the voice transmitter. Geezzzz that scared me for a bit.

They must be really rich. Well Tayo didn't show any character of a poor person either. (recalling to when he gave her #1500 to buy meat.) Why am i thinking about that?.  Soon the front door opens to reveal a woman standing and waiting for me to meet up. I quickly hasten my pace. Why is the gate far from the main house???

"Hello. Good afternoon MA. " I finally got to her.  She only returned my greetings with a smile. 

"Please come in Miss." she gestures for me to come in.

She must be his mum. She looks nice. I soon felt a little bit comfortable. I thought I was going to bite my tongue when if I saw his mom, but she's nice to me.  Wait.  What if she has the same character as Tayo and this is just pretense. Haha. Alima, you are thinking too much about this.

"Please sit while you wait for Mr. Tayo to come back. He will be arriving soon anyway." she smiled to inform me.  She is not his mother???

"The Madam will come down soon to meet you." she informed again.  Suddenly I felt tensed again. "Let me get you something to drink." she added before disappearing into a  different room.

Ah, the Madam is coming to see me.  The Madam,  Tayo's Mum.  Let's take a deep breath.

"You must be Alima." a voice came from behind. I turn to face the voice, I didn't know when my legs moved on its own to stand up and aknowledge her presence. Wow she looked so graceful and tall. She looked calm and expressionless. Ah just like Tayo. 

"Good afternoon MA. " I greeted, smiling brightly as much as I could muster to cover my nervousness.

"Please sit. You must be tired a bit from the flight." she gestures for me to sit.

"Yes ma'am. " I responded.

She was quiet as she sat opposite me.  I could barely take a good look at her.  Damn my nervousness. I need to start a conversation at least.

"Your house is beautiful." i began. This is good.

"Thank you. Although it's an old house." she smiled a little before returning back to her expressionless demeanor.

"You're also beautiful." I grinned.

"Ha. That's very flattering but thank you. You're also beautiful. " she smiled again. I could feel the tension was beginning to diminish gradually.

"Thank you." I let out a small laugh.

"Oh my, I can see why Tayo talks about you." she chuckled.

Oh?  Tayo talked about me to his mum? 

"you're very interesting. Pardon my cold exterior from the beginning, I'm not quite use to casual talks." she explained before her phone began to ring. She picks up and started  speaking in French.

Wow,  soo cool she speaks French so fluently. I can't even speak it properly. I envy those kind of women. Poised, graceful, slender.... Suddenly my gaze moved to  a figure who was standing not far behind her . It was Tayo.