Kelly's Moving Where?

The next morning I decided to call Andy back.

"Meli, why didn't you answer last night?" Andy asked me right away.

"Good morning to you too. Things were complicated last night. Did you meet Dad yet?"

"Yeah. He wanted to talk to you last night, but we couldn't get hold of you. Why were things complicated?"

"Kelly's moving!" I was about to cry again.

"What? When? Where? Why?"

"Her Dad got a job offer somewhere else, I don't know where. They're leaving today."

"Why didn't she tell you sooner?"

"Her parents just told her last night."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better than expected after losing two of the people I love. Matt and I put together a quick going away party for them. We invited the whole church over. Mom wasn't home, so it was great. I wish you could have been here."

"I wish I could've been there too. Did they get any presents?"

"Mainly money or gift cards. Mr. and Mrs. Jackson gave them a journal filled with their crazy stories. Pastor Jeff and Amy gave Kelly a picture frame filled with pictures of all the years she was involved in our youth group. You were in most of them, including the one of the three of us at retreat a couple of years ago."

"I forgot how involved I used to be. If you would've asked me before two nights ago if I missed going to youth group, I would have denied it."

"What about now?"

"I missed it so much. I should've gone, even if I wasn't following Christ at the time. I abandoned my friends and God for drugs and things of the world. I would take it all back in a heartbeat if I could. I'm so glad you convinced me to go a couple of nights ago."

"The whole youth group is glad you came. I hope you don't mind, but I told Mr. Jackson all about you yesterday. I cried yesterday morning before school as we prayed for you, then I told him you made it to Hobson safe last night."

"I think of Mr. Jackson as family, he's always treated me as such. I don't care who you tell about me, as long as you mention that I'm back on track with the Lord."

"I'll never forget to mention that. I better get going, there's school this morning. I'll call you later from Kelly's. I love you Andy, tell Dad I love him."

"I will. I love you too baby sister. Tell Mom and Matt I miss them, even though I caused plenty of trouble for them."

"I will, bye Andy."

"Bye Meli." We hung up and I got ready for school.