Dylan's Point Of View 4: Sunday School

Kelly comes back with our food and we say a quick prayer of thanks before she starts digging in. I drive over to the church and lead her to the youth room.

"It's not much, but it is a place dedicated strictly to the youth group." I look around and take in the artwork on the walls, like I do every time I walk in here. There are scripture verses, song lyrics, and quotes written all over the place on the walls. There are buckets of paint absence paint brushes of all different sizes in one corner of the room, so anyone can write something on the walls if they want to.

"This is so cool. I have never seen a youth room like this, and I went to quite a few in New York."

"Jack's idea. If you can think of anything that could be added to the walls, feel free to paint it on. I'm going to go find Jeff and Amy, if you would rather follow me. I'm sure my dad is giving them a tour of the church now."

"I think I'll just stay here. Read the walls and see if there is anything I want to add, but thanks for the offer."

"No prob." I walk out of the youth room, which has a separate outdoor entrance, and out to my jeep, since I forgot to grab my Bible. I grab it and go into the main entrance to the church. My dad, mom, Jeff, and Amy are all in Jeff's office that he will share with Jack. Over the past week my dad and Jack have been working on thus office, converting the space to comfortably house two people. All that is left is to move Jeff in. I walk in and all the adults turn their attention to me.

"Did Kelly get hold of you? Jack told us she was going to be asking you for a ride here." Jeff says.

"Yeah. She's in the youth room, admiring the artwork on the walls."

"Is anyone else down there yet?" Amy asks.

"When I left it was just Kelly, but that doesn't mean there isn't anyone else down there now."

"Maybe it's time we get down there, meet the other students as they come in." Jeff says. Jeff, Amy, and I say bye to my parents and head over to the youth room.

                                                  **********************************************

Kelly comes running over to us and hides behind me. Rex and Buzz follow in pursuit, and I am used as a shield.

"What are you doing?" I ask them.

"Trying to get Kelly to share her muffin with us." Rex says.

"Where did you get that muffin. I thought you got a bagel." I say.

"Did I forget to mention that it's your muffin they're after, whoops." Kelly says.

"Give me that." I say as I grab the muffin from Kelly. I split the muffin in fourths and pass it out between them, keeping a fourth to myself. "Happy now?"