So You're Dylan

"Welcome to Hobson, Montana Meli." Andy says as we come to the edge of town. "You are going to love this town."

"I'm sure I will. Shouldn't we get the paint on our way home, one less stop to make that way."

"Good point. Call Dad and tell him to go on ahead of us." I pick up the phone and call Dad.

"Dad says he'll meet us when we get home."

"Here's the place to buy the paint. Looks like Dylan's working today, so you'll meet him here."

We step out of Andy's truck and I walk over to his side. "Andy can you hold my hand? I'm nervous."

"There's nothing to be nervous about, but if makes you feel better." We walk in, hand-in-hand, and up to the front counter. "Hey Dylan this is Amelia, she's my-"

"Girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yes girlfriend. Isn't he funny?"

"Meli!"

"What?" I say innocently. I am having the hardest time keeping a straight face.

"Dylan this is not my girlfriend. She's my-"

"So you bring me here just to break up with me? How could you Andy, after all I've done for you!"

"Maybe I should let the two of you talk for a minute, alone." Dylan says before walking away.

"Meli, what is wrong with you?" Andy asks after Dylan is gone.

"Quite a lot, but you already know that."

"I mean, why would you say that?"

"I'm just having a little fun, lighten up."

"You just made me look bad in front of my friend."

"If it bothers you that much, then I'll tell him I was joking."

"Now?"

"Yes now." There is a bell on the counter that has a "Please ring for assistance" sign in front of it. I start pressing it repeatedly, even after Dylan came over to us.

"Can I help you?" Dylan asks, placing his hand on top of mine to keep me from ringing the bell again.

"Meli here has a confession to make. Go on." Andy says nudging my arm.

"You didn't break anything did you?" Dylan asks.

"No, nothing like that."