Best Day Ever

"Rise and shine sleepyhead." I hear someone say to me.

I woke up a few hours ago and couldn't get back to sleep, so Eliza helped me get changed for the day. Toby carried me down to their living room and left me on the couch. I must have fallen back asleep, it was a rough day yesterday. I open my eyes to see Dylan sitting on the edge of the couch, slightly shaking me. Andy is sitting on the arm of the couch, next to my head.

"Morning Meli, sleep well last night?" Dylan asks and I nod. "I'm glad to hear it. Hungry?" I shake my head no.

"She's not a breakfast person. I tried to make her breakfast in bed once and she just let it sit there and wouldn't even touch it." Andy says.

I grabbed Dylan's phone from off the coffee table and typed, 'That's only because there were egg shells in it.' I show the message to Dylan.

"I really don't blame you for not eating it. We were going to the local café and were wondering if you'd like to come with us." I nod and brush my fingers through my hair. Andy helps me fix my hair. Dylan picks me up and takes me to Andy's truck. I sit between Andy and Dylan, only a tad squished.

                                                  **********************************************

Even though I wasn't really all that hungry, Andy still ordered me a chocolate muffin and a salted caramel mocha, my favorite food and drink combo. Andy got black coffee, gross, bacon and pancakes. Dylan got bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast with orange juice.

'I do have to admit that sausage looks pretty good right now.' I write to Dylan.

"Go ahead, take whatever you want." I take a piece of sausage off his plate and place it on mine.

"That's why I don't order sausage around her. She always said she doesn't want any, but whenever I ordered it, she always took some of it from me. So I stopped ordering sausage and stick to bacon." Andy says. To prove his point wrong, I steal a piece of bacon off his plate and eat it.

"That might have worked for you in the past, but not anymore." Dylan says and takes a bite of his own bacon.

"Do you want a drink of my coffee too, while you’re at it?" Andy asks, knowing I hate black coffee.

'Only if you take a drink of mine.' Andy can't stand my drink either, so we were never tempted to take each other's drinks.

"Touché baby sister, touché. I bet Dylan wouldn't mind your drink though."

'Want to try it?'

"Sure." Dylan takes a drink and smiles. "That's actually pretty good, I might just have to get myself one of those next time I come here."

We finish our breakfast and Dylan pushes me in my wheelchair, which Andy insisted I use. I think he doesn't want others to draw too many conclusions about Dylan and me, I really don't blame him either. It wouldn't make Dylan look too good either, since he's never had a girlfriend before and I'm new in town, people might draw conclusions about us.