So Many Visitors

The doctor gives me a full checkup then leaves without telling me anything. I try to get information from the nurse about my condition, but she tries to change the subject. I can only think that something bad has happened to me.

Soon after the nurse leaves, everyone comes back into my room. Their smiles they has before they left have changed into frowns. "Why so sad? I'm fine really." I say.

"Meli we have some bad news." My dad says.

"Don't tell me, I really don't want to know. When can I get out of here, I can't wait to get back home."

"It's up to Dr. Greg. You will probably have to stay overnight just to make sure everything is fine."

"There is something wrong with me, isn't there?"

"Yes Sweetheart. Do you want to know what it is?"

"Yes....No....I don't know.  If it is life threatening then yes, but if it isn't then don't say a word. Did Jeff and Amy ever get here?"

"Them and the Jackson's too."

"Are they coming here? I know I just woke up a little bit ago, but I really want to see them." I look around at my guests in my room, there are a boy and girl that I don't recognize standing by Dylan. The girl must have noticed the confused look on my face because she starts to introduce herself.

"Hi Amelia. I'm Miranda and this is my brother Danny. It's nice to meet you. I've heard only the best about you." So this is Miranda. She is part of the reason Dylan and I first started to fight.

"Before you get angry Amelia, we're just friends. More like siblings. Nothing romantic is going on between us." Dylan says.

"By all means Dylan, call me Meli. Amelia doesn't sound right coming from you."

                                                  **********************************************

Uncle Scotty, Rex, and Buzz walk into my room. They have a stuffed bear and balloons with them. "We were on our way when Toby called us to let us know you woke up Amelia. We brought you these." Uncle Scotty says.

"Thank you guys. I love them. And please call me Meli."

"Well Amelia, I think it's time for Danny and I to head home." Miranda says. "It was really nice meeting you. Maybe we could hang out sometime."

"I think I like that idea. I'll see you guys later." Miranda and Danny leave my room just as Toby and Eliza enter in.

"Meli I'm so glad you're awake. You had us all worried sick about you." Eliza says giving me a hug.

"I know and I'm really sorry. I don't know what came over me." I say, returning the hug.

"That doesn't matter now. The only thing that matters is that you a8re alive and healthy."Toby says, giving me a hug.