Sleepless In Dylan's House

We arrive at home and Dylan takes me to the living room. He sets me in a chair and sits at my feet, Andy sits on the arm of my chair. Rocky brings me a bowl of chicken noodle soup, but after Andy's story on the way home, I didn't want to eat it.

"It's Campbell's." Rocky whispers to me. I take the soup and devour it. Dylan and Andy laugh at how I am eating, I must look really stupid right now. I offer my bowl to them and they laugh harder. I shrug my shoulders and finish the little bit of soup I have left in my bowl. I hand my empty bowl to Dylan, who sets it down on the coffee table in front of him.

"What should we do around here to make it easier for Meli?" Dad asks.

"I think that maybe she should take a shower while we talk, she smells like dirty creek water." Andy says, holding his nose. I push him and he falls off the chair arm, everyone laughs. "So no bath then?" I give Dylan a look that says, 'Smack him for me.' So Dylan smacks Andy and hides behind my chair. "No fair. You can't use Meli as a shield."

"Who's going to stop me?"

"I am." Dad says. "Both of you sit down. We are trying to have a conversation." Dylan and Andy quickly sit back down. "Now as we were saying before those two did what they did, I think it will require all of us to help take care of Meli, I don't mean you pastor if you don't want to, but all the rest of us should pitch in to help."

"You know I'll do anything I can to help Jack, as long as it's okay with you." Dylan says.

"Any help is good help Dylan. I just want you to be aware that you are her friend at this point in time, nothing more." Dylan and I blush. I give my dad the look that says, 'You're embarrassing me.' "Rocky I think you'll need to take back the cooking job for a few days, until our guests arrive."

"Actually Jack. Meli still wants to help with the cooking. We'll work together on it, as a team, nothing more." This makes me blush even more than my dad's comment.

"You think you can handle it Meli?" I nod. "Okay then. Meli, since you can't walk, I was thinking, maybe we should move your stuff down here. There is a spare bedroom on this floor and it's wheelchair accessible." I don't want to cause anymore hassle than what has already happened, so I shake my head no.

"I'll carry her up and down the stairs." Dylan says, just a little too quickly.

"I'll help him." Andy adds.

'Nice Save.' I write to Andy, who responds with a smile.

                                                  **********************************************

"Well Jack, Toby and I were talking on the way over, and we were thinking that maybe Amelia should come stay with us for a few nights, just until Jeff and Amy come. That way she has a female around to help her out." Eliza says.

"That actually is a good idea, but what about Dylan?" Dad says.