Dylan's Point Of View 2: To The Hospital We Go

I watch as Meli, no Amelia, rolls her wheelchair down the hall to my parent’s room. I don't understand her, I thought she'd agree to be just friends for now, since we just met a few days ago. I wait till she gets into my parents room, then run down the stairs and out the front door. I run all the way to the church and unlock the main doors. I go into the sanctuary, careful to lock the doors behind me, and sit on my knees in front of one of the pews. I start to pray.

"Dear Lord, I don't know what to do. I messed up royally and I really need your help to fix this. I really do want to patch things between Amelia and I. I don't want to lose the ground I just gained with her. I don't know what to do God, I need your guidance with this one. Please show me what I need to do. Amen."

I sit and wait to hear what God has to say. Part of a song I haven't heard in a long time comes to mind,

"7 times 70 times

I'll do what it takes to make it right

I thought the pain was here to stay

But forgiveness made a way"

"I don't understand God. Are you telling me to forgive her? I'm the one who needs to be forgiven, not Amelia."

"God picked up my heart and helped me through

And shined a light on the one thing

Left to do

And that's forgive you

I forgive you

7 times 70 times

If that's the cost I'll pay the price"

The song plays in my head again. I picked up my phone and read the last words she gave me. 'I hate you!' sticks out. "I understand now God, but I don't think she could ever forgive me for something like this. I broke her heart." A verse comes to mind and I grab one of the Bibles and turn to Luke 24:38.

"And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?" I read aloud. "Okay, okay. I get it now. I need to forgive her. I need her to realize how much her comments, even though said in anger, hurt me. Thanks God, for everything." I sit on the pew and think when I hear the main church doors open.

"There you are. I've been looking all over town for you." My dad says, walking into the sanctuary. "I have to admit, I'm surprised to find you here."

"Why?"

"I thought you would be off doing something stupid, like getting drunk or something."

"Why would I do that?"

"Well after what Meli just told me happened between the two of you, I just thought-"