0.8

Calum

When I got home from work, it was quiet. Way too quiet. "Bababababa!" Macey said from her crib, making me smile. "Come here my little angel. How's Uncle Cal's favorite girl doing?" I said kissing her cheek. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!" I heard. Jazmine walked around the corner, and looked like she'd been crying.

"Everything okay?"

"No. . . Everything is not okay."

"What's wrong?"

"I uh. . . failed my math test." She said. "Pretty sure it's not that much to get worked up about. I'm sure you're tutor can let you do corrections or retake it. Don't stress about it."

"Easy for you to say Mr. 3.9."

"I worked hard for that. Not that it matters. I'm not getting into college." I said setting Macey back in her crib. "Can I ask you something?" She said nervously.
"Sure. Is everything okay? Because never, have you ever been so nice and calm to me."

"So. . . I have this friend, who, just had a baby. . . and it's been six months, since she had said baby, and she went out one night and had sex-"

"Jazmine. . ." I said through gritted teeth. "Are you, implying. . . That you're pregnant again? After you just had a baby, and we just moved so we wouldn't have to deal with the last father?"

"No, I'm telling-"

"Jazmine, I'm not a fucking idiot." I said grabbing her arm, which caused her to drop the pregnancy test, which read positive. "You've got to be fucking kidding me! What the hell were you thinking?"

"I wasn't thinking, I was drunk, at a party and it just happened. Cal, please don't tell mum, please-"

"Why? She's gonna tell, when you're swollen like a fucking basketball. Jazmine, you're too young to be a mother, let alone have two kids at 16, almost 17."

I ran my fingers through my hair, and looked at my sister, and saw that she was crying. "Do you even know who the father is?"

"Yes, and I promise he's gonna help. He's a nice guy, and he'll take care of me and the baby."

I noticed a small red spot on her neck, and when I moved her hair, she had multiple purple spots.
"When did you get those?"

"I was with him last night, at another party."

"How long have you and this guy, been "dating?"

"We meet when we first moved here during the summer. So. . . about 3 months."

"Who is he?"

"His name is Jack. He's a senior." My mouth practically dropped to the floor. "Jack Darling?"
"Yeah? When I went to the party you caught me at, I was there to see him. So i could tell him."

"Did you tell him last night?"

"No. . . we just. . . Had sex."

"Jazmine, don't lie to me. You swear he's the father?"

"I swear. I wouldn't lie about this." I sighed, and looked at my sister, before groaning and punching the wall. "Jazmine. . . He's not gonna help you."

"Yes he will, he loves me-"

"He's got a fucking girlfriend you idiot." I yelled at her. "No h-he doesn't. Y-You're lying."
"Oh please, my locker is right next to his girlfriend, I see them every single day. They've been dating for three years, he's not gonna drop her for you."

My sister broke down, and cried. Cried as hard as she did, when she first found out she was pregnant.
"Look at me Jaz. . ." I said as I pulled her into my arms, "I'm gonna make sure, that he does everything, to support you and this baby."