2.4

Calum

"What if your mom comes home?" She asked as we quickly removed all of our clothes. "She won't be home for a couple more hours. I can't wait any longer, I need to make love to you." I said making her smile. I kissed down her neck, as we transitioned underneath my covers. We were both bare, skin on skin, and just as I put the condom on, aligning myself at her center, Jazmine busted through my door. "God damnit Jaz, I told you to knock before you barge into my room." I said covering Ariana up. "Not my fucking problem. Mum wants you two upstairs, she brought home dinner." She looked at Ariana with disgust and I got up and pushed her out and slammed the door.

"Why does she hate me so much?"

"Don't worry about her, she's just a bitch."

"We just keep having bad timing huh?" She said as we got dressed. "Yeah I guess we have. That just means that it'll be worth the wait when we finally do it." She smiled and pecked my lips before we went upstairs and sat at the dinner table. "So, Ariana, do you know what school you're applying to?" My mum asked.

"I do indeed. Northwestern University. I want to get into their Pre-Medical Honors Program. It's been my dream since I was a little girl." She said. "Where's that at?"
"Illinois. It's a while away from home." She said looking at me. "Calum are you going to school?" My brother Luca asked. "Nope, I'm staying right here with you buddy." I said making him smile.

"Good, cause we don't want you to leave." All of my siblings started to agree, and I could see Ariana starting to tear up a bit. "I think you should go to college." Ariana said causing strange looks from everyone, even my mum. "You're smart enough to go. You can get a scholarship somewhere-"

"He's not getting into that big ass fancy school like you." Jazmine said. "I never said he had to. But he could if he applied." Then she was quiet for the rest of dinner.
We were cleaning up the kitchen together and she barely looked at me. "You do understand why I can't go right?" I finally decided to say. "No Calum I don't. I don't understand why you wanna waste away in this town and just stay here. I get it you have your family here but-"

"Exactly. My family is here, and they mean everything to me and I'm not just gonna leave them and go to school just so I can be with you." I know that hurt her, because she just turned away from me and stopped talking.
I sighed and walked up behind her, pressing my lips to her neck. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that," I said turning her around to face me, "I can't leave them okay? They need me."

"What about what you want? Do you ever stop and think about what you would want out of life? Because I know it's not working in an auto repair shop for the rest of your life, living in your mom's basement. You could go to school, get a degree in engineering and then have five auto repair shops if you wanted."

"Even if I could...I'm not Northwestern material."

"Why? Because you can't afford it? You could apply for multiple scholarships, financial aid, student loans, I can help you if you-"

"I'm not gonna take your money." I said sternly.

"Do you want to go to school?"

"Ariana I-"

"Calum...do you want to go to school?" I sighed as she kissed my neck. "Yes." She let go of my hands, and went into her bag and brought me a crap ton of papers.. "They're applications to schools that have really good engineering programs. I also, was nice enough and got multiple copies of your transcripts and SAT scores. Fill these out and mail it before December 21st. Lucky for you, the Northwestern Recruiter is coming to school tomorrow and you can talk to him and ask him any questions you have."

"You're pretty proud of yourself right now aren't you?"

"I am indeed." She said as we kissed. "I love you. I just want you to be happy." I kissed her forehead and smiled.
"I know angel...I know. It's getting late, you should probably get home before it gets too late."
"But I don't wanna go. I wanna sleep over."

"Your dad would kill you."

"He's away on business for a few days, and my mom went with him. Or you could come to my house so we could have more privacy." She said as her hand grazed over my bulge. "Daddy's girl getting a little naughty isn't she?"

"Maybe a little."

"How about tomorrow night? I'll come make dinner for you, and sleep over."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too." When she left, I took all those papers downstairs and hid them in my drawer.

-

"How do I look?" Ariana asked. "Beautiful." I said pecking her lips. "Is my hair okay?" She's been stressing ever since we met at our lockers this morning. "You look fine, now calm down before give yourself a heart attack."
"This man could determine my whole future." She said as we walked down the hallway to the recruiter.

"Just think, you and I could be there together."

"Yeah, If they don't throw my application out the window."

"Hey," She said stopping us, "you'd be an amazing applicant. They'd be stupid to turn you down, especially with your SAT score. You got 1599, that's better than what I got."

"A 1480 isn't that bad."

"But it's nothing compared to yours."

"I know." She smacked my arm and I just smiled and pulled her in for a kiss. "Ariana Grande?" The woman recruiter called out. "I gotta go." She said pulling away.
"Good luck." I kissed her once more and she went into the room. The door opened for the room with the guy recruiter and Jack came out.

"Thank you so much Jack, we look forward to you next fall." He said. "Anytime Mr. O'donell, I look forward to being the Pre-Medical Honors Program with you. Send your wife my regards." He said causing me to roll my eyes. "I will. See you soon son. Calum Hood?"

When he looked at me, his expression went from happy to disgust in 0.3 seconds. I walked in and sat down facing him at his desk. "So, What makes you a qualified applicant for Northwestern?"

"Well sir, I had no interest in going."

"So then why are you wasting my time?"

"My girlfriend seems to think that I'll get into your school."

"And your girlfriend is?"

"Ariana Grande."

"She's applying to the Pre-Medical Honors Program. She's dating you?" He said with a confused look on his face.

"I am. Is that surprising?"

"Yes considering you're much of a downgrade compared to Jack."

"Because Jack is?"

"He's a Christian, star athlete, straight A student-"

"I may not be religious or athletic but my grades are pretty intact." I said. "You do have a 3.989 GPA and you got the highest score on your SAT. Have you applied?"

"No not yet but I actually-"

"Good, don't bother. It'll save the admissions staff time to look at more qualified students."

"Excuse me?" I had to control my temper and my emotions. "I'm not gonna lie, academically, you'd be a perfect fit for our school, but you have no extracurriculars, and looking at your file from the school in Australia, you got suspended almost every month, and then you got in a fight with Jack-"

"Because he cheated on Ariana and got my sister pregnant."

"Now I highly doubt that. People of your kind do not belong at Northwestern or any prestigious University. Now I suggest you find other options son because we don't want you." I scoffed before standing up and slamming the door shut as I left.