1.5

Ariana

As I walked away from Calum, my thoughts were swirling in my head. How did she even get here? Why would Calum let her invite me over? Does he still like me? Why can't his boy just get out of my head? I opened my car door and before I could sit, I felt an arm grab me, and when I looked it was Calum.

"I'm sorry okay. I came home from work last night and all my friends were here. I didn't know she texted you until this morning after I woke up. I wouldn't do that to you."

"It's fine." I said lightly. He cupped my chin in his hand and tilted my head up towards him. "Don't be like that." I pulled away from him, and got in my car and drove away. I tried to keep myself together but I wanted to burst into tears.

Seeing her in his shirt made my heart burst in flames. My chest was practically a burning forest. Throughout church, I was quiet and didn't do much. When I got home and took a shower, after I came out, I saw a text message from Calum's mom Joy.

I heard what happened today, I'm so sorry. If you'd like, I'd really love for you to come over tomorrow so we could talk. -joy

So the next morning, I sadly got out of bed, got dressed, ate breakfast then kissed my parents goodbye and left. When I made to Joy's house, a fiery pit of sadness came in my stomach. I knocked on the door, and one of Calum's friends answered.
"Hi, I'm Ashton. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Ariana. Nice to meet you too. Even though we technically met yesterday." I said. "Sorry about that, I get nervous around pretty girls." He said making me blush. "Joy is expecting you, isn't she."
"That she is."

"She ran to the store but she'll be back. Care to join me for coffee?" I walked in and sat at the kitchen table as Ashton made us some coffee. "So, where are you guys from?"

"It's hard to explain but, basically Sydney, and no, there is no P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney address." He said making me giggle. "I want gonna ask that."

"Oh, sorry. Most Americans do."

"Calum's never even mentioned you guys. You all seem really nice." I said taking a sip of mine. "He's a dick. But he's like a brother to me. We've known each other since primary school."
"Must be nice having a life long friend like him." I said as I tried to hold back the tears.

"Listen, I don't know what happened between you and Calum. He's a jerk and you didn't deserve what happened yesterday. You're probably a great girl who's lucky to be with anyone." He said. "Thank you Ashton, that's so sweet of you to say."

"Sorry Ariana, i had to make a trip to get more diapers. Thank you Ashton for keeping her company." She said. "No problem Joy." He smiled at me before heading into Calum's room, and I blushed even more.

"How are you feeling?"

"Honestly. . . Not that good." I admitted as Joy made herself some tea. "I can't believe Jade did that to you. I honestly expected more from her, but she and Calum are just alike."

"What do you mean?"

"Their both destructive. They hurt people, sometimes they don't mean too. Calum had redeemed himself from his old ways, but Jade. . . She'll never change."

"Awe, that's so nice of you to say Joy." Jade said. She was wearing one of Calum's shirts again and hickeys all over her neck as she came and got breakfast.
"She's right though. I am very destructive, practically a home wrecker. But it's my calling."

"Don't you have someone else to bother."

"Your son, is leaving for work today, so no actually." She said disappointed. "Speak of the devil." Joy mumbled making me giggle as I sipped my drink.
"Hey mum, do we have any more laundry- What are you doing here?"