2.5

Ariana

When I came out of the recruiter room, I was hoping Calum would be there so I could tell him how well it went, but he was storming outside. I followed and saw him punch Jack's headlight out. "Babe, what are you doing?" I said grabbing his now bleeding and bruised hand.

"I'm fine." He said as he lit a cigarette. I took it from his mouth and stomped it out. "What's wrong?"
"I'm fine okay, I just need a smoke." He said lighting another one. I just sighed and held his now swelling hand.
"We should get you to a doctor."

"I don't need a doctor-"

"Calum your knuckles are broken and your hand is swelling up. I'm not gonna argue with you-"

"Then don't." He said snatching his hand away from me.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Like what? Myself?"

"No you're acting like a jerk."

"Well maybe I am one and you've just been to fucking blind to see it." He said. "Where is all this coming from?"
"This is what everyone warned you about. Come on Ariana, don't be so naive, you and I both know this was dumb idea and that stupid recruiter just proved it." He said.

"I don't know what happened...and clearly you don't wanna talk about it so I'll just give you some space and when you come over later we can-"

"God don't you get it? We can't be together. It's never gonna work out, especially after we graduate so why wait till then?" I tried to keep my tears in but I couldn't. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. "A-Are you b-breaking up with m-me?"

He didn't look at me, and i was almost about to burst into tears. "No." He looked up at me and raised his eyes brow at my sudden ounce of courage. "You're not gonna just break up with me because of what other people keep saying about you. I don't care what they say Calum, the only thing I care about is you. I don't care what my dad says, or your friends, your mom, your sister, Jack or even my brother. You're what I want, no matter what happens I only want you."

He just sighed and wiped the tears off my face and smiled at me. "I'm sorry." He said as he rested his forehead against mine and threw his cigarette away. "You're what I want too." Any other time I couldn't have kissed him with cigarette breathe but I didn't mind it this time.

"What happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore. I just want to spend time with you."

"Well, you're still gonna sleep over tonight right, so we can have some alone time?"

"I can't. Mum got called in to work a double shift tonight so I'm on babysitting duty."

"Do you want me to come over and help you?"

"Nah, I can take care of them myself." He said. I pouted and he just kissed my forehead. "I love you."
"I love you too."

-

"Can we talk about your personal life on your personal time?" Jesse said as we worked on a car. "But I need your help. You and your wife were married 25 years, help me out. What should I get Ariana for Christmas?"
"Makeup."

"That's not that special."

"Perfume."

"She smells good already." He rolled his eyes.

"There is one thing I can suggest, and you're lucky I like you two, otherwise I wouldn't even think of this." He went to his office and came back with a little box. Inside was a necklace with a little gold heart and gold chain.
"I gave it to Maggie when we first met. If Ariana means a lot to you, then you should give this to her."

"Thanks Jesse." I said hugging him. "I liked you a lot better when you were bitchy and mean." He said making me roll my eyes and continue working.

As I walked home that night, I went online and bought the most expensive earrings and bracelet I could find to match the necklace. My bank account suffered a lot but since I already got my families presents, it was worth every penny.

"Hi." I turned to see my sister with her 5 month pregnant stomach showing. "Hey. What's up?" She came and sat on my bed and burst into tears. "He left me Calum. He said he doesn't want to be with me anymore." I rolled my eyes because I knew it would happen, and I did try to tell her but she doesn't need an "I told you so" moment.

"He's a dick...it's gonna be fine. I'm always gonna be hear to take care of you." I said kissing her forehead and wiping her cheeks. "I'm having a boy." She said smiling.
"Well now the boys can finally take over. I've been waiting for another boy in this house."

"Shut up." She said laughing. "Do you hate me?"

"No, of course not."

"Mum does. I overheard her talking to Mali. She's so mad at me Calum."

"She was mad when you got pregnant the first time. She'll get over it. There's nothing you can do about it now. You might as well be ready to pop that little sucker out now." I said. "Can I sleep down here."

"I guess." I groaned as she smiled and immediately got comfortable in my bed.

As the night went on, I couldn't sleep and took a whim and texted Ariana.

You up?

I might be

I missed you this afternoon

I missed you too. My brother was here and gave me a long speech about protective sex

He's just looking out for you

Can I ask you something?

Of course baby girl ;)

Will you come and have Christmas Dinner with me and my family? My sister is coming and I want you to meet her

Not with that maniac of a father there

I'm gonna talk to him

What about you? He'll hurt you

Not with my brother and my sister here. Please, I want you to come

I'll think about it

Can I persuade you?

Elaborate please

Okay, I'll be there

Okay, I'll be there

I can't wait :) goodnight

goodnight princess