2

"okay so 8.4 is due next week on Monday and don't forget to study for you guys chapter exam." my math teacher stated before the bell rang. I grabbed my stuff heading to the counseling office to drop off a note to one of the vice principals. On my way out I ran into one of my teammates, Mel.

"hey are you coming to practice?"

I shook my head, "I can't. I'm still not feeling well and plus I have a lot of homework"

She nodded holding onto her adidas bag, "well okay. Just know that coach. Urbanos is going to make you make-up for the absences you know that right?"

"I'm aware. I'm just going through a lot. See ya later. Bye"

She waved bye and left.

I headed to the quad to meet up with some friends.

"hey j.j" I greeted

She smiled, "noin. You seen rodger?"

"na-"

"aye yo Phil is gay!" I heard rodger say. I turned around laughing. This nigga think he a gangster.

We all laughed. He came up to me pulling out the bag, "but we finna hit this shit up with Jen right?"

"fo sho"

After that he began to roll.

It's not my first time smoking. I been smoking fa awhile and I haven't told anyone because it isn't anyone's business, especially my mom's. I know what to do to not get caught so I'm coo. I started after I began to stress. The supply was there and I was the host, so why not?

2 days later

"okay and for the set?" I asked gem on the phone

"the set..it's handled, but it's not perfect. Imma have the boys do sum O.T"

"great. I need everything finalized by friday. Will that be happening?"

"yes mrs. Carter"

"okay thank you Gem talk to you later. Bye"

"no problem. Bye"

He hung up the phone as I typed the tour schedule up based off the weather forecast and my schedule as a mom. As i was doing some critiquing jasmine walked in. I immediately hopped up to greet her.

"how was school?"

She looked at me with an attitude walking past me. I rolled my eyes, "come here"

She stopped and turned around.

"how was school?" I asked again

She shrugged her shoulders, "okay I guess" she turned back around heading towards the pantry.

"I'm not finished wit you"

She returned back in front of me, "what?" She asked annoyed

"do you know what time it is?"

She took out her phone looking at the time, "8:50"

"what time does school end?" I questioned

"2:37"

"and practice?"

"4:30"

"so why you just now getting home?"

She frustratingly sighed, "i don't know"

I slowly stepped to her, "I talked to your teacher, Mrs. Jesperson, and she told me she has been seeing you with a guy around practice time-"