21

June 10th

"Well Beyoncé you have to think about if this is going affect blue. She has been in New York her whole life and deciding to up and move is a big change for her" my mom said

I sighed thinking about my attempt to moving closer to my mom. I mean it will affect blue. Moving from New York to California is a big step, but she is young she can make new friends.

"I understand mom. It's just so much has happened in this city I just want to go with my gut" I spoke

My mom nodded her head. Her countenance showed how aware she was, "and what is your gut telling you, Beyoncé?"

"To move ma. A fresh start. I feel like jasmine will get a better education and so will blue. And there isn't really as much chaos out there compared to out here"

"True"

"And plus I'll be closer to you. You can see your grand babies as much as you want-"

"Uh-uh" she stood up to check on the food.

"What?"

"I'm not going to be in the middle of you and jasmine's drama when you guys fall out. Her calling me at 12oclock in the morning talking about you being unfair? Nope. If you do move out here, don't move too close to me"

"I'm hurt" I placed my hand over my heart

"I'm serious Beyoncé" she glared at me, "I moved out to California so I will be away from all this family drama and also I love their beaches."

"I know ma. I just want a new start. I'm going to ask jasmine about how she would feel about it as soon as she wakes up because I feel like she is going to be the main one being affected with the move"

"Yea you do that"

I laughed.

"And Anthony and I have been on good terms" I smiled

She turned around giving me a face, "good terms as in parenting? Or good terms as in your draws?"

I frowned, "mom"

She didn't say anything. She turned the stove off sitting down at the table. Grabbing my hands she sighed, "listen. Do you still love him?"

I pulled away getting up, "if another person asks me that"

She just looked at me with a straight face. I pushed in my chair making myself a plate of food. When I was done I sat at the island instead of the table. My mom made herself a plate before sitting in front of me.

"Are you ready to talk now or do you want to act like a big ass baby and throw a tantrum"

"I wasn't throwing a tantrum but okay" I replied rolling my eyes

She shook her head, "and you wonder where jasmine gets her attitude from"

I stopped chewing getting teary eyed, "yea I guess, but she wasn't a smart mouth"

"Because she was only a baby when they took her. You have to realize she grew up in a different environment. Then again you wasn't present in her life to teach her to respect you. Every time you earn her respect you end up neglecting it. For example, jasmine tried to kill herself because of the damn drama-"

"Mama-"

"Shut the hell up I'm speaking. I let you have the upper hand for too long in this relationship with my grand baby and I'm tired of seeing her hurt because of your actions"

"What about me-"

"What about you?!" She yelled.

I flinched dropping my fork. My mom rarely yells and when she yells it means she is fed up with the bullshit.