22

Jasmine held my hand as she just sat staring off into space. It's been a few days since she woke up and she still hasn't spoken to no one. Not even her friends. I haven't left her side either, well it is her fathers duty to leave and go get food for us, so why would I leave when there is a shower and a suit case in my honor. Finally her complexion has returned and her lips are much fuller. It worries me how her eye lashes are now so long and how much she has developed into a woman.

I heard a soft knock on the door and Anthony came in. He held up an El Pollo Loco bag smiling. I shook my head at him getting the complete opposite of what I specifically told him to get. He sat the bag next to me, "has she spoken yet?"

"No"

He shook his head, "she just playing. All she want is some extra attention. And also she don't want to go back to school"

I frowned, "how you know?"

"Because of your big ass ears our daughter has inherited. I'm pretty sure she has heard what the doctor said about if she begins to talk"

"How you know?"

"honey booboo child" he smirked patting his head, " you must not know jasmine"

It sat and thought for awhile and it hit me. She could be just giving us the silent treatment so she wouldn't have to go to school to make up for all the credit she has lost. I grabbed my Pollo bowl as Anthony grabbed a personal dominos box.

"Why did you get pizza?"

He handed it to Jasmine and she slowly took it.

"Anthony the doctor-"

"And the doctor isn't her damn father. Fuck what he says. If my baby girl wants some pizza then she will get it. Not like it's going to kill her"

"But still we don't know if her immune system is strong enough to handle greasy foods yet" I argued

"She'll be okay"

"Okay the minute she starts throwing up I'm pointing to your ass. How can you just give something to our daughter that may affect her in a negative way"

"Beyoncé how bad can four slices of pizza hurt? Actually there is no damn pepperoni, so how much can it affect her?" He argued folding his arms

"Just as much as it would if there was pepperoni. It's the same thing as killing and murdering someone...you get the same charge"

He frowned looking at me, "yo you made zero sense"

"Well you make zero sense for trying to give something that could possibly hurt jasmine, Anthony"

"Whatever"

"You just irresponsible" I mumbled

"Excuse me?" He cupped his ear leaning into me, "what you say? Speak a little louder"

"I said you are irresponsible!" I raised my voice, "is this loud enough for you?!"

"Bro why you yelling?"

"Because your dumbass can't hear"

"How am I dumb? I swear I graduated from high school not needing to retake any classes"

"Did you really have to go there?"

"Did you really have to call me irresponsible?!"

"Hmmm...yes!" I yelled putting my food down standing up, "who the hell gives their daughter pizza after the doctor just instructed us to not do that until she is tolerant!"

He rolled his eyes, "so you want me to not feed my responsibility?!"

"I mean it didn't bother you when she was a baby why does it bother you now?!"