19; Pullin Up

Chapter 19

"Soon as he slippin', I'm making you mine."

(Raine's POV)

I awake the next morning, tangled loosely within Zayn's naked body. He's sound asleep, his chest rising and falling in rhythm, his mouth parted, soft snores leaving his throat. My head throbs, and even though having Zayn laying against me this way would be a dream any other day, right now I'm too irritated to consider it anything less than a burden.

Untangling myself from Zayn's arms and legs, I get up off the bed, only for him to moan and press his face against his pillow, still sound asleep. Huffing out a breath, I walk into the restroom, completely naked from after our shower last night and sore from our not so friendly fucking. I don't remember every detail of last night, but judging from how sore I am and how agitated I feel, I know I was on something when Zayn fucked me.

After freshening up in the restroom, I walk back into the bedroom and dig through Zayn's drawer to find a tee shirt. After slipping on one and a pair of boxers, I leave the room, accidentally shutting the door louder than intended and growling at myself for doing so. Cupping my forehead in my hand, I walk over to the kitchen in hopes to find some coffee to wake me the fuck up, but instead, I'm greeted by something else that happens to be just as bitter.

"Ah, Raine," Ana smirks at me from where she's sitting on top of the counter. Ignoring her completely, I search the cupboards for some coffee but find nothing but booze and some snacks to munch on that are probably expired. Jesus.

"No coffee?" I look back at her, frustrated. "Seriously?"

She lifts her arms up in surrender, her lips devilish. "Hey, ask your boyfriend, he's the one who's been crashing at my place for months."

"First of all," I sigh, narrowing my darkened eyes at her, "this isn't your place. Second, his name is Zayn, grow the fuck up."

She cocks an eyebrow, "looks like someone pissed in your cereal, sweetheart."

"If you even had cereal - "

"Let me guess," she interrupts, which makes me want to rip her head off of her shoulders. "You took something last night and now you're annoyed with everything? Hm, can I take a wild guess at who gave you the drug?"

"Knock yourself out," I humph, only half interested as I continue to dig through the drawers hoping to find something I like.

"Your boyfriend," she sighs in bliss. "Oh, Zayn, I remember the first time I gave him something that strong."

Even though she wants to piss me off, I could care less about her and Zayn's past, that's none of my business, just as ours is none of hers. But, if she must know, then I won't miss the opportunity to embarrass her.

"Actually, it was your lovely, manipulative, dickhead of a cousin." I spit, grabbing a packet of pop tarts from the cabinet, smiling to myself.

"Apollo?" She asks, seemingly surprised. At first, her face is confused but soon turns into a cunning look. Her lips turn into a smirk as she says, "nice."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I scowl, on an unbelievable edge.

"Watch your tone, baby doll."