24; Poison

Chapter 25

"You lie to her to lay with me. Another nail in my coffin."

(Raine's POV)

I'm awoken by the sound of repeated loud banging in the near distance. It takes me a moment to remember where I am, but once I do, I sit upon the unfamiliar bed, my heart racing. My room door is closed, and the only thing I'm hoping is Zayn is on the other side, but I can't be too safe, so I grab the gun Zayn had set on the side table and load it. Slowly, I walk towards the door, the wooden floors creaking with every step.

After preparing myself and taking a deep breath, I twist open the door handle and swing the door open, holding the gun out in front of me. That's when my eyes land on Zayn, who's standing by the television set, hitting it with his hand.

He looks up at me, an eyebrow raised and a cigarette in the corner of his mouth. He's in a tank top that shows off his tatted biceps in a very teasing way, and grey sweats that look too good.

"Relax," he says, eyeing my gun, "it's just me, Raine."

Letting out a sigh of relief, I drop my arms to my side, setting the gun on the coffee table. I push a strand of unbrushed hair from my face, annoyed.

"I was sleeping," I groan, my voice raspy due to my tiredness.

"It's past noon," he says nonchalantly. "Get up."

What's your point, I think in my head, but to him I say nothing. Instead, I walk to the bathroom to freshen up.

By the time my head had hit the pillow yesterday, I knocked out. After a long night of bloodshed, running for my life, and murder, I think it was safe to say that I had no stamina left. I honestly don't know how Zayn got up so early, his night wasn't easy either.

I go through my duffel bag to find something comfortable to wear, but I can only find huge sweatpants, sweatshirts, and a few tank tops. It's clear to me that Ana packed my bag. Of course she didn't want me in tempting clothing around her boyfriend, but come on. A pair of shorts wouldn't have hurt.

After slipping on a pair of sweats and a tank top, I walk outside to see Zayn still working on the TV. Walking over to the kitchen, I go through the fridge to find something to eat only to come to the realization that it way more stacked than the one I have at home. Apollo clearly did not want us to leave the house for any reason whatsoever.

As I make myself some oatmeal, I hear Zayn cursing to himself as he tries to turn on the TV. He's not speaking to me, clearly, and I'm not really in the mood to talk to him. Last night was not the only bitter exchange between us, we had been like this for a week now. He isn't fond of me hanging out with Apollo, and I'm not exactly flattered that he's so insecure about me hanging out with a man who threatens to kill me every time I'm with him. Not to mention, the only reason Zayn is so insecure in the first place is because of his new girlfriend.

Taking a seat on the barstool, I decide there's nothing else to do but to watch him. He's getting impatient at this point, the TV way older than both of us had initially intended. He notices me sitting there, which ultimately makes him give up.

"Fuck this," he sneers, throwing the remote on the couch. He walks into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water, chugging it down as I notice the sweat glistening on his skin. He must really want this damn thing to work.