25; To Be Alone

Chapter 25

"Honey, when you kill the lights and kiss my eyes, I feel like a person for a moment in my life."

(Raine's POV)

For the past few days, Zayn and I had been making up for lost time, or so it seems. Sex with him was like nothing else I've ever experienced. Purely carnal, passionate, and heavy - it was as if I had never been fucked correctly until he had come along. If nothing else, that was enough for me to put our shortcomings on hold.

Now, as I step out of the shower and into the empty bedroom, I realize he's probably outside. Every hour or so, he takes a lap around the cabin, checking to see that there's nobody watching us or near us. He's always fully loaded, and even though I get a bit nervous when he leaves, I have full confidence that there is no way anyone would be able to find us if they didn't know where to look already. We've been here for four days now and have yet to even hear a sound other than the waves outside.

After slipping on a pair of underwear and one of his tee shirts, I walk back into the living room to see him walk inside at that very moment. He smirks when he sees me, his own hair wet from the shower we had just taken together. He sets his gun on the kitchen counter, making sure the door is locked before making his way over to me.

"Everything okay?" I ask him. He snakes a hand around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"Yeah," he husks, kissing my neck. I think it's safe to say that with no television or any other form of entertainment, Zayn and I had very little to do other than to tear each other apart. He didn't exactly mind it though, and I'm starting to think he broke the television himself.

"As fun as this is," I whisper, trailing my hands up his chest. "I really want to go out. We've been here for days."

"You know we can't do that," he says, pulling away from me. "Apollo's orders."

I nearly scoff at the sound of his name, which Zayn notices and smirks about. With a peck on my lips, he walks over to the couch and sits on it. I follow him, sitting beside him and setting my feet on the coffee table.

"I don't really care," I tell Zayn, crossing my arms over my chest. "How would he be able to find out anyway? You wouldn't tell him, right?"

Zayn nods, "I guess you have a point."

"Really?" My eyes widen, "so can we go?"

Zayn tilts his head, smiling. "Nah, babe. I'm not going to put your life in danger by taking you out of here."

"Please?" I ask as if I'm asking my mother to go to a sleepover. "I'm so fucking bored in here."

"Well, then let's do something fun, huh?" He asks. "I got some weed left, I'm sure we can find some more booze. Come on."

"But why?" I pout, grabbing his arm. "Come on, please. It's not that big of a deal. We're in Houston. Who will be able to know who we are?"

"Raine," Zayn sighs, shaking his head. "I can't let you out, alright? You know that."

Sighing, I cross my arms over my chest. It's probably stupid as fuck to go out knowing that there are people after me, but we're in the middle of nowhere. Who will be able to find us? No one. Zayn is just being the pussy that I know he is, but I'm not about to tell him that again.

"You wanna smoke?" He asks me. "I think it's safe to at least head outside by the water. Once you get over the smell, it's actually not that bad."

"Fine," I say, realizing I can't convince him. Maybe it's for the best, I guess, but I still got a few days to change his mind.