21; Jukebox Joints

Chapter 21

"I'd be damned if I die sober."

(Raine's POV)

A Zayn-less week has its perks.

For example; I had aced all of my midterms, I avoided shaving my legs until I started feeling like a mountain man, I've had the opportunity to check out other guys that don't really compare to Zayn but are decent eye candy, and Apollo hasn't contacted me. Perhaps I'm only needed when I'm with Zayn, but then I think he doesn't like Zayn and me together. Whatever the reason, this has been the least problematic week I've had since I've come to college, and it was bittersweet.

I've missed him. A lot.

Seeing him almost daily was a habit, and now that we've been caught into this weird fight thing, not seeing him makes the day incomplete. Which is weird considering I don't exactly know what I am to Zayn. Nonetheless, I don't want to be fighting with him. Especially considering the fact that we have weeks off of school and I don't really know who else would keep me occupied.

Now, as I jog outside, the earplugs in my ear playing Come As You Are, I think about stopping by his house, all sweaty and worked up, hoping to end our everlasting feud. I make about six laps around the frat house before I work up the courage to storm up to the front door and tell him that I'm done being mad. Just as I take a breath and decide to do it, the front door opens.

I'm still a few feet away from the house, so out of panic, I run behind a tree and hide, panting under my breath. Fuck, why am I hiding?

I hear some voices and a very distinct accent that I can recognize from a mile away, so I peep past the tree to see him. Since I'm the luckiest girl in the world when I look over, I do see Zayn, but he's not alone - there's a girl.

Oh, and not just any girl - it's Analía.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I try to note their body language to see if it was business or pleasure. So when Zayn leans in and pecks her lips, it doesn't remain a mystery any longer.

Right when she turns around, I debate whether or not I should hide behind the tree again, but fuck that. So they both can I have a view, I continue my jog, jogging right in front of Zayn's house, front, and center to the scene. I can feel both of them looking at me, but I just let the music calm me so I don't punch Ana in the face.

And Zayn? Fuck him.

***

When I come back to the dorm after a long day of tests and studying, the last thing I expected was Anaya blasting Future while applying makeup in the mirror. Sighing, I close the door and walk over to my bed, too exhausted to hear Future yelling about money and bitches.

"Where are you going?" I ask her, throwing a hand over my face.

She shrugs, "the club, a bar, I don't care. I need to get drunk."

"You're underage, kiddo."

She scoffs, "fake IDs and boobs, my friend. Any bartender's kryptonite."

Sitting up, I watch her as she puffs out her hair, posing in the mirror shamelessly. Tilting my head, I say, "you up for company?"

Her eyes widen with surprise, and she immediately turns to look at me. "Seriously?"

I shrug.

She smirks, "well misery loves it. Let's do it."

Before I make time to talk myself out of it, I get out of bed and walk towards my closet to pick out something scandalous to wear.

"Wow, someone's eager," Anaya laughs. "Rough day?"