62; Blood, Sex, Violence & Murder

Chapter 62

"It's kill or be killed in a modern world.
They're gonna watch you burn and they're gonna sing."

(Raine's POV)

Walking into a bar before midnight is a sad sight to bear, but walking into a bar before noon is just deeply depressing.

The entire establishment is relatively empty compared to the prime hours of service, but I am merely here to hide out until Zayn and Moon's meeting is over to assure that he's not used as another pawn in her plans. So I walk over to the booth in the corner and pull my cap on top of my head. I have yet to hear from Zayn but I shoot him a text anyway, letting him know I've arrived.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" The server asks once he approaches me. My lack of sleep calls for more of a caffeine intake, but I can tell he would absolutely hate me if I didn't order something since I'm one of the three people in here.

"An old fashioned please."

He nods once and disappears, making me a drink that will hopefully arrive before Moon does. The clock above the counter reads nine but neither Moon or Zayn are here yet, which is not unlikely for the two of them considering I'm the most punctual out of the three of us. Nonetheless, I grow slightly concerned until I hear the bar door open and Moon's heels clanking against the wood floor.

Sinking further into my seat, I pray she doesn't notice me as she makes her way to her signature booth, her back facing me. Letting out a sigh of relief, I keep my eyes on the door as I count down the minutes until Zayn arrives.

The bartender sets my drink down and I ask him not to come by anymore, to which he responds by passing me a sour look and disappearing. As soon as he is at the bar, the front door opens, marking Zayn's arrival.

From where I'm sitting, I am too far to actually hear the interaction between Moon and Zayn but I let my presence be fitting enough. After Zayn and Moon exchange pleasantries, his eyes briefly find mine and he smiles subtly, getting comfortable in his seat.

My foot taps impatiently against the floor as I lean into my table, attempting to catch any words here or there but unfortunately hearing nothing. So I try to read their body language the best I can and I soon realize that it's an interrogation. Moon is throwing question after question at Zayn, hoping to expose his double-agentry but he dodges every single one like a professional, calm and collected at all times.

I am unsure of the next move we have to make regarding this situation, but as far as I'm concerned, Ana is as good as a lamb to be used for slaughter. She is unaware that we know and I intend to use that to my advantage for as long as I possibly can, ultimately killing Moon, Ruiz, and Ana with one stone.

Of course, the thought has occurred to me that Moon is technically my sister and Ruiz is my father, but I can't help but feel impatient every time I even remotely think about their death. Once they are out of the picture, I can move the fuck on with my life and just work for Ramone since I doubt I can go to a nine-to-five job after this. That life would suit me for as long as I'm allowed to live, which can't possibly be as painfully long as an otherwise normal life would be. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I would like to take down Moon by using Ana like a dish towel.

My drink is completely finished and I'm about to order another when Zayn stands up from the table. Moon stays sitting and I already have my hand on my gun in case things go wrong, but Zayn just makes his way towards me and nods towards the restrooms, signaling me to meet him there. Letting out a breath of relief, I follow him after a few minutes so I don't attract any unwanted attention.