; Craig

It's so quiet here. The teachers told us we could whisper, but literally no one is talking.

The study hall is in some random classroom, where the desks are arranged in pairs of two. I'm sitting next to no one, and my backpack is on the other chair. I'm reading The Great Gatsby, but I've already gone halfway down the page and haven't fully registered one word of it. I love the book. I love Leonardo DiCaprio. I love the color gold. The perfect mix of yellow, gold, and everything in-between. Not to mention the bashful glitter that occasionally shines along with the sun.

I end up looking at the clock. Twenty-five minutes left.

One thousand, five hundred seconds.

A quarter of an hour.

Something light hits the back of my head, and I flinch. A few snickers erupt from behind me. I refuse to look in their direction, though my mind aches to know which idiots were throwing shit at me. I shove my nose (which, by the way, is not even that big) back into the book. As I skim absentmindedly through the pages, certain repeating words catch my eye, like 'tender,' and 'love.'

What the fuck even is love? I've been told that it's neither an emotion nor an experience; is love even anything? Does love still walk the face of this earth, unexpectedly throwing itself unto people, to either destroy or awaken their lives?

Another object hits the back of my head. This time, though, I turn around. In the back, giving me a taunting gaze, is one of the guys from first period. I think his name is Adam, based on the dark curly hair. He looks at me, snickers a little, then whispers something to the guy sitting next to him. Eventually I close my book and look back up at the clock. Five minutes left. Thank God.

----

lol i should be sleeping i have school tomorrow rip me but anyways hope you guys enjoyed this chapter i'll write more soon if i get a chance not to be a lazy piece of shit kay bye

~ tay