; Craig

The day drones on. I take my seat by the window in math, choosing to ignore the teacher's constant talks. Instead I stare out, into space. The sun is still rising. It is 9 in the morning.

The sounds of the world slowly drown, leaving my thoughts to whisper to themselves without interruption. Worries, anxiety, and insecurities cloud my head. Did I leave the fridge open? I kind of forgot what the call from the hospital said. I'm not supposed to visit tomorrow, right? Or was that today...

"Craig? Craig?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts, jerking my head from the window to see the entire class staring at me. I feel my face turn almost as pink as my hair. Mrs. Hank, the math teacher that always wears at least two pounds of blue eyeshadow, narrows her eyes at me.

"It would do you some good to at least pretend that you're listening." I look down and nod, muttering an apology that I'm sure no one can hear. She turns back to the board, along with the eyes of all my classmates.

----

I go to my locker before lunch.

35-

0-

23-

The squeaky knob turns, then clicks. I open the locker, taking a few books out of my backpack and replacing them with some notebooks and binders. I snag my paper bag containing my lunch, then close my locker and turn around to see Carly staring at me. Next to her is Evan, who waves slightly and gives me an apologetic look.

"Dude, c'mon," Carly says, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "You have to sit with us today. No exceptions or running to the library." I try mumbling some excuse, but all that comes out is a sorry little squeak.

"Sorry."

Carly looks at my for a second, then shrugs and grabs both me and Evan by our wrists and pulls us towards the lunch room. I guess she didn't hear me.

----

i hATe crushes so much ughgahdgkahgkjhd

whatever thank you guys for the reads and comments and votes and everything i really appreciate it ;)

~ tay