; Tyler

I am officially calling bullshit.

Sure, I was wheezing over Craig comparing Garry to a grumpy old wizard, but still. Two one-hour detentions? That's  fucking dumb.

I strut out of the class still chuckling over the whole 'Gandalf' thing when Wes comes over to me and claps me on the back.

"That was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed," He says, and I grin.

"What, the getting detentions or the wheezing?"

"Both!" Wes grins. "That's also the first time I think I've heard the new kid even make a noise, are you guys friends or something?" I ponder the question for a little bit, then shake my head.

"Just acquaintances for now." Wes nods slowly, then claps his hands together and starts turning to the other direction.

"Well, I gotta get to gym. See ya." He turns away, then stops and turns around.

"DON'T FORGET, I'M TROWING A PARTY NEXT WEEKEND! MY HOUSE!" Wes calls. I nod and hold my hand up in goodbye.

----

About two hours later (and 3 boring, unimportant classes), I'm walking to the lunch room. Mae, Lui, Evan and Carly already sit at the table. We have a different lunch period than the rest of the group, so this is about it.

I sit down next to Evan, like always, and pull out my homework that's due next period. Lui chuckles.

"At this rate, Tyler is just going to start studying during tests," he says and smiles wryly. I turn to face him and itch my nose with my middle finger. He melodramatically gasps.

"That was a ruuuude gesture!" Lui yells in a very high-pitched voice (his "squeaker" voice). Everyone laughs.

All of a sudden, Carly starts waving her arms frantically in the air. I stare at her in confusion until Evan nudges my shoulder and points in the direction of the cafeteria doors. I feel my heart beat once when I notice a head full of pink looking around the cafeteria. Evan smirks at me, the little bitch, and starts waving towards Craig like Carly.

Craig finally looks in our direction and starts slowly walking towards us. When he gets close enough, I smirk at him. Craig's cheeks turn a light tint of pink, but he grins back. He looks down at my homework for a second, then looks up at me.

"You never do your homework, do you?" Upon hearing this, Lui's head whips up.

"THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TELLING HIM!" Lui yells, earning him a few looks from the nearest tables. Craig laughs lightly, and sits down across from me.

"So," I say nonchalantly, a sly smirk forming on my lips. "Ready for our detentions?" Craig rolls his eyes.

"We got those for literally no reason at all. It's his fault he fell asleep."

"You guys are such idiots," I hear Carly mutter under her breath.

"Shut up mom," I say teasingly. Carly laughs loudly. Evan puts on an expression of mock offense.

"Excuse me," He says, hugging Carly tightly. "Only I'm allowed to call her that."

Lui and Mae both choke on their drinks.

"THAT'S GROSS!" Lui screams in his squeaker voice.

----
hello i'm on another plane

~ tay