; Carly

It's nice here. I lie on the sand as my head rests in Evan's lap, his hands stroking my dark hair. He smiles down at me from time to time, murmuring the words I love you now and then. I mumble it back once before closing my eyes, taking a breathe, and exhaling while opening them.

My eyes fix on the blue sky, with some palm tree leaves framing the view. I hear the sounds of Simone cheerfully bantering with Marcel, and Daithi yelling at Lui for interrupting his and Jaclyn's duet. The waves crash infinitely in the background.

Tyler and Craig both say nothing, which is expected.

I close my eyes again.

----

"Carly? Carly, babe, wake up."

I open my eyes to see beautiful brown ones smiling back at me. I giggle.

"Why hello there you buttnugget," I laugh and pull his face closer into a kiss.

"For fucks sake, guys, get a damn room." Evan pulls away and glares at Marcel, who smirks back. I yawn a little and get up, seeing that the sun is starting to set. I also notice that Craig is gone.

"Where did the bookworm go?" I ask. Lui and Marcel both shrug. Simone looks down. Evan sighs and rubs the back of his neck before answering.

"He kind of just left. Mumbled a goodbye, then gone."

I groan and drag my hand down my face warily. Of course I had to fall asleep. I could've made Daithi get into a deep conversation with him. He's good at that stuff.

I sigh and grab my backpack from the low-hanging branch that I set it on, then motion forwards for us to start walking home. I glance over at Tyler, whose piercing blue eyes seem more grey than blue today. Daithi's ukulele is stowed away in its case, his hand now enclosed in Jaclyn's. I smile a little bit at the two, and how peaceful they are. Marcel and Simone now walk side-by-side, chattering and laughing. Lui walks by himself, bobbing his head to the music playing through his blue earbuds. And I walk next to Evan, who squeezes my hand and smiles faintly at me. I kiss him on the cheek lightly before plugging my own earbuds into my ears.

And just like that, the day was over.

----

i feel like this story is kind of going to shit idk though i might introduce more a/u's soon maybe maybe not i guess but yeah so thank you guys (again) for the support on this story even though i can't write lmao bye

~ tay