; Tyler

Craig has bruises on his neck. I noticed them when Carly was talking.

I also noticed that that dick Adam was throwing paper balls at him during study hall.

----

As we walk down the sidewalk towards the beach, I can't help but notice (and appreciate) how everyone has split into pairs. Carly and Simone chat at the front of the "line," with Lui and Marcel are bantering playfully behind them. Then there's Scotty and Anthony of course (goofing around like hyperactive chipmunks as usual), followed by Daithi and Jaclyn, with Daithi quietly humming to the strumming of his ukulele. Finally, it's me and Evan in the rear.

We've gone to the beach tons of times; every Friday to be exact. It's tradition, almost. We're only doing it today because it's the first day back. It's not a full party most of the time; Brock and Brian are normally piled with work, as they're both involved with sports and other stuff. Jon had to skip today because he needed to help his dad out with something. So a lot of the time, this formation works out perfectly, because no one gets left out or behind on the sidewalk.

But this time, something's different. Craig walks not too far behind us, shoulders hunched and earbuds in. He gives off this vibe, not negative or positive, not even in the middle. Just quiet and almost mysterious. It's kind of intimidating, to be honest.

I nudge Evan, who looks up, and nod my head in Craig's direction. "Say something," I mutter, hoping Craig can't hear me.

Evan just scrunches his nose at me. "Why don't you do it?" He asks, and I sigh melodramatically.

"Becaaaauuussseeee," I say, dragging out the uh sound. "You're the social one. It's your job." Evan shakes his head.

"Nah, dude. That's Carly's thing."

"Well she's gonna be pissed if neither of us talks to him, isn't she?"

"Why should I care?"

"She can kick your sorry ass."

"Dude."

"I can never tell a lie." I smirk at Evan, who groans in defeat. He looks behind him to Craig, who seems to be staring off into space.

"So, uh, you like the beach, or did my girlfriend force you into this?" Evan asks. Craig looks up and takes one earbud out, then thinks before talking. "She sort of just told me I was going."

Evan smiles a little. "Yeah, Carly's like that, don't worry about it." Craig nods shortly, but his posture relaxes a tiny bit. Evan holds out his hand before saying, "I'm Evan, this is Tyler." Craig and I lock eyes for a millisecond before the both of us look away.

Evan then motions to everyone walking, introducing Craig to each of them. Craig musters a smile towards each of them, though none of the group actually turn around. My eyes flick once more to the bruises accenting Craig's neck.

----

lol i love sushi cat 2

also thank you guys for the reads/votes/positive comments <3

~ tay