; Tyler

song- red balloon by charlie xcx

highly recommend listening to it as you read the chapter... you'll see what i mean :)

----

I walk into school the next day just like any other completely normal day.

I get to the main hallway to wait for everyone and see Evan, Carly, Marcel and Simone already there. We wait a little bit in the hallway before we go to the library, just talking to ourselves. Carly leans on Evan for support, yawning tiredly as she rubs her eyes. Marcel whips out his 3DS and starts playing Pokemon Y while Simone curiously watches him. I take out my phone and start scrolling through my Twitter timeline. It's pretty quiet, as it's still about forty minutes before the first bell rings and barely anyone else is here this early. A few footsteps click and clack, probably from teachers' heels and loafers, and I can faintly hear Wario's angry taunts from Marcel's game, but it's otherwise silent.

All of a sudden, a maniacal fit of laughter echoes around the hallway and we turn around just in time to see a short-haired guy in a blue hoodie jump on Evan's back.

"DELIRIOUS!" Evan half-yells, laughing. "GET OFF MY BACK YOU FUCK!" Jonathan, a.k.a 'Delirious,' only laughs harder as Evan tries to shake him off. Marcel looks up from his game for a little bit to watch the two struggle. We all take a moment to watch Evan and Del fight, before Carly finally breaks it up.

"Okay, okay," She says, grabbing hold of Del's torso and pulling him off Evan. "No more piggy-back rides in the hallway. You're both going to get detentions."

"Sorry mom," Del responds sarcastically, earning himself a glare and a smirk from Carly. "I drank coffee this morning."

Marcel looks up again from his game and groans. "So that's why your laugh could have been heard from three hundred miles away." Del shoots him a look and rolls his eyes.

"SHUCH UP, Marcel," He says, causing Evan to snicker. "For your information, it was DECAF."

"Sure, Delirious. Sure."

----

Me, Carly and Evan walk into Mr. Modak's class together, and I take my seat across from Craig and diagonal from Carly. Craig looks up at me from his book and smiles at me, which I return, though slightly confused from when he ran out yesterday.

I get out my planner and check the homework board, writing down 'chapter 1, section 4' in it, then close it and put it away in my backpack. The bell finally rings and students start getting in their seats as Mr. Modak begins to lecture us about the effects of the colonization of America on the Natives blah blah blah...

I eventually find myself staring at Craig; how he pushes up his glasses every once in a while, how he lightly flips his pink curls when they droop into his face. Just the little things.
----
CRAIG
He's staring at me. I can feel it.

Did I do something? I must have done something...

Fuck, it's probably because I ran out on him yesterday.
----
TYLER
He starts looking a little uncomfortable, and I realize that he probably knows that I've been molesting him with my eyes.

Dammit.

I look back down at my notebook, feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks. That was so creepy. Why was I staring at him? Also why is it so hot in here?
----
CRAIG
Should I look at him? I wonder if he's still staring at me...

I glance over at the messy-haired boy, seeing that his eyes are trained on his notebook.

Phew.

...

Is it hot in here?
----
*nogla voice bc why the fuck not*
HOPE YE ENJOYED NEVER GONNA FIND MEH THEYRE ALL COMIN TRU DA HOLE YA SWEATY BITCHES THIS GAME IS SO YEEEE

also i think this was the first time i mentioned del in this book so i wanted to introduce him in a fun way so that's why the music is there lol

lmk if you guys like this style bc switching POV's in the chapter was a lot easier than make an entirely new chapter yknow

~ tay :D