; Carly

Volleyball tryouts. An hour after school every day for four days. How pleasant.

Mae and I strap on our elbow and knee pads in the gym, chatting a little. 

"But I mean, Jon would TOTALLY make out with Luke, right?" Mae argues playfully, then starts laughing. I snicker lightly.

"Probably. But then Evan would get jealous." That makes her laugh harder. We'd been discussing which members of the group would most likely be gay for each other. Seriously.

It's quiet for a bit as we finish tying our shoes, getting up and lining up with the other athletes. 

"Anyways," Mae says wryly, grinning. "Anything happen with Pinkie and Wildcat?" My eyes widen as I do an evil laugh, grinning maniacally. 

"I think they're at first-crush-stage. Did you hear about the-"

"- history class incident that resulted in both Tyler and Craig getting two days of detentions? Yes. Everyone knows about that," Mae finishes the sentence smugly, stretching her arms. I start tying my teal-ish dark brown hair into a high ponytail.

"Well, my  guess is that they're going to fall in love in that detention room," I smile at the thought of the two of them. The thought of Tyler finally finding someone who-

"ALRIGHT LADIES."

I jump as the head Varsity coach interrupts my thoughts. "DROP DOWN, THIRTY PUSH-UPS. MAKE IT QUICK, WE'VE ONLY GOT AN HOUR FOR CONDITIONING PRACTICE."

----

First day of tryouts go by as quickly as usual, although Coach Webster, an angry middle-aged woman by the name of Whitney A. Webster, was more short-tempered than usual this afternoon. 

I reside in the girls' locker room with Mae, changing out of my exercise shorts and into sweatpants as she tries for the third time to open her stubborn locker. After the fourth time she yells in frustration and punches the lock, immediately yelling "fuck" and grabbing her fist tightly. I sigh and chuckle softly as she asks another junior next to her to open it for her.

"The combination is 18-0," Mae mutters, then thanks the girl when she opens it the first try. Mae catches me looking and smiles a little.

"Okay, okay," She says, shaking her head. "But it's not that  funny, Carly."

We eventually get our bags and leave the locker room, stopping at the end of the hallway to wait for her mom to pick us up. I text my dad to let him know that it's over, glancing at the time. 

4:05 p.m.

Suddenly, Mae nudges me sharply. I look up at her and she motions behind me. I whip around to see Craig and Tyler walking next to each other, Craig smiling as Tyler laughs. 

IT'S HAPPENING. THEY'RE IN LOVE. FINALLY.

----

yooooo sorry i haven't updated in so long there's a lot of shit that happened in the past month or two and im tired and i hurt so sorry about the lack of updates!!

also can someone tell me if daithi and jaclyn are still together? i want to know if i have to replace another character with an o/c lol

and there was another gaming easter egg thingy in this chapter that had to do with initials soooooooo yeah

thank you guys so much for still reading/voting/supporting this book i really love writing it :))

~ tay <3