Chapter 3

Rin's POV

"Man.. I'm going to kill Sousuke for this.." I groaned,rubbing my numb hands together.I was at the door of Iwatobi SC Returns,where the swim club were training.

Sousuke had forced me to visit Gou,seeing as she was "upset that you weren't as close to her as you were when you were younger" and all that. Ah well. Maybe I could race Har--

Something hit my head,hard and round,taking me by surprise and making me trip,and fall. 

"Damn.." I muttered a string of swear words,reaching a hand up to my head. What a pleasant way to start a little excursion outside of Samezuka,in the cold,with something being thrown at your head. I heard footsteps,and then a girl with oxford blue hair,tipped with cerulean,came around the building,and spotted me on the ground.

Tsk. Talk about humiliating.

"Did you see the ball?" She questioned,completely oblivious to the fact that I was on the ground

Then everything clicked together. "Oh..so that was your ball? It nearly knocked me out,girlie. What's your name and what're you doing here?" I growled grudgingly,massaging my head and getting to my feet.

"Miyamoto,shark mouth. Ren. Miya. Moto. I'm sorry about that,okay,that happens a lot when you play softball. Now quit yelling,I'll buy you a drink. My wallet just bleeds because hooligans like you exist. You haven't answered my question,by the way,gill-face. Where's the ball?" The girl retorted sharply.

What an obnoxious girl. I've never been talked to like that in my life by a girl. Must be a delinquent.

Though I'm in no place to judge,seeing as I'd tried to strangle Haru before.

Not like I'm going to tell anyone that.

"It's not 'shark mouth' or 'hooligan' or 'gill-face',girlie,it's Rin. Rin Matsuoka. Cola,please. Thanks. Or maybe not,since you nearly gave me a concussion." I snarled. This girl should get scared. It'll make things a bit easier.

"It's not 'girlie' either,Hammerhead.  And before you take your order the waitress would like to remind you her name is Miyamoto. Ren. Where is the ball?" Ren snapped.

"Oh to damn with the ball. Stop giving me random nicknames,little Miss Miyato. I think it went around there,to the side." I rolled my eyes.  Obnoxious yes,but definitely really gutsy. Whether it's a good thing or not remains to be seen. Probably not.

"Mi-ya-mo-to." Ren corrected,gritting her teeth. She didn't pursue the topic any further and went off to retrieve the softball. 

Third Person POV

Just as Ren straightened up from between the plants,the ball clutched in her hand,Kou came around to check on Ren,as she'd been gone for too long a time. 

"Eh? Onee-chan,what're you doing here?" Kou's face broke into a smile as she jogged up to her brother. Ren awkwardly slipped out of the bushes and stood beside Kou. Rin just grumbled and explained,"I was here to visit you because darned Sousuke forced me to. Then I got bashed on the head by this Miyato girl's -------" Rin stopped abruptly and looked from his little sister to Ren.

"Hang on. You know each other?" Rin continued,eyes narrowing dangerously.

"Yes we do. Surprise,shark boy. You're supposed to be Kou's brother?" Ren responded,voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Gou. Yes,I'm her brother. Stop it with the nickname,little girl." Rin said.

"Nee-chan! K-ou!" Kou protested while Ren smirked smugly.

Kou then began to explain,about why they were playing softball,about Coach Sasabe needing to shut up the pool because he needed to go somewhere urgently,and about having Ren to demonstrate a home run. "Man.. I was planning on racing Haru." groaned Rin.

"Stop being so self-centered,sea-predator." Ren sniffed,throwing Rin a disapproving look. 

"You--"

"Now,now,what about onee-chan we arrange another joint practice tomorrow so you can race Haruka-senpai earlier?" Kou uneasily separated the two,who were still directing death glares on each other. Anyone who was in a 3 feet radius of those two would wither there and then. There was a frightening aura surrounding them. Kou herself wanted to run.  

3 seconds.

Of utter silence.

"Fine." Rin grunted one word to Kou,still giving Ren the killer look,who mirrored it without a flinch.