Chapter 8

(A/N) Well I'm too lazy to add anymore names to the chapters so haha

Third Person POV

The major plate-throwing incident with Samezuka was settled. It's Sunday. Rain lashed against the glass of the windows. Ren was at her table nibbling her thumbnail,her eyebrows knit tightly together in concentration as she tried to solve the problem.

The math problem sum.

Her very worst fear. -.- (author-chan's too)

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong

Ren whipped her head towards the door. Someone was frantically pressing the doorbell repeatedly. She got up and turned the doorknob,expelling a drenched Kou,Nagisa,Rei,Rin,Sousuke,and Makoto pulling Haru,who was frolicking in the rain,inside.

"KOU! I know you have something to do with this!" Ren hastily shut the door and confronted Kou,who,like everyone else excluding Ren,was soaked to the skin.

"Don't shout at my sister-"

"You should have the sense to shut up if you can turn my doormat into a typhoon in 2 seconds flat."

"What about you shut up and listen instead?"

"You realize that's what I've been trying to do the past--"

"Now,I'll explain. Ren,do you have any spare towels or something?" Sousuke pulled the two apart.

"Upstairs,first door to your right,green cupboard,top shelf." Ren said. Makoto went up the stairs in an instant,and was soon back with the towels. He handed one out to everyone.

Sousuke sat on a high stool beside the counter and explained to Ren,"Long story short,we were caught in the rain."

"I want all the details."

"Gou and the others came to Samezuka to visit Rin,and to use the pool. And Rin and I took the train back to Iwatobi with her,you know,to see her off. The ground was wet,so Gou slipped a little,and somehow her keys may have gotten lost while we were in the middle of nowhere.The rain started while we were looking. We found it,but we were wet,and Gou said your place was closest from there,so here we are." Sousuke elaborated.

"Why my house? Makoto and Haru live near me too." Ren stated.

"Ask Gou for that."

Ren ran a finger through her hair,groaning. She knew being stuck with the swim club wasn't going to be a very peaceful thing in her life. Ren entered the kitchen. Minutes later,she emerged and set several cups of steaming hot chocolate onto the counter.

"Help yourself." She said,before sitting down at her table again.

Nagisa excitedly grabbed two cups,and passed one to Rei. Rin joined Sousuke at the counter,casually lifting a cup and taking a long gulp as if he had all the time in the world.

"Is that maths?" After a while of listening to the others talk,Rin bent over to look at Ren's homework. Ren shot Rin a look.

"And you're stuck at the tenth question." Rin sneered,picking up Ren's worksheet and flipping through.

"Alright,after you screamed it to the whole world,that fact is crystal clear now. Do you mind?" Ren said irritably. Ren snatched her paper back and continued racking her brains for an answer. She uncertainly scribbled down a number.

"You got that one wrong." Rin informed Ren with a lively smirk.

"Thank you very much but I should think you'll know why if I said I'll rather get that question wrong than listen to you." Ren replied coldly.