Bonus Chapter -- You Selfless Freak

Third Person POV

  Sousuke was confused. 

Sousuke ditched the black apron and walked over to the corner where Kou was handing Ren a bottle of water. The customers were happy again,so Ren could take a rest. 

"Sousuke!" Kou squeaked happily.

"I.. Gou. I need to borrow Ren for a bit." Sousuke said. And then Ren found herself being dragged to another place for the second time of the day. He stopped at a lonely corridor.

"Let me guess,Gou brought you here." Sousuke predicted. Ren nodded,exhausted.

"Are you fine now?" He asked.

"No,Sou. I can't deny it. But I still prefer staying to small groups. Or better,alone." Ren responded wearily.

"But you--"

"Sousuke. I .. They needed help. " Ren said,looking Sousuke back in the eye fearlessly. Sousuke kept silent for a few seconds,and Ren thought he didn't have anything to argue back with anymore.

Yet,he gripped Ren's wrist suddenly,and wrenched her long sleeve back,rolling it up to her shoulder.

Scars.

"But you know what caused this. You know. And yet.. Don't be such a selfless freak." Sousuke said forcefully,with a hint of pain in his voice.  Ren swatted his hand away and pulled down her sleeve. She looked at her feet,her stomach churning.

"Sou. I do know. So do you. And over the years you know why I stole your MP3. I do too. And,what'll happen if no one is a selfless freak,as you say? Incidents like mine will happen more often. I don't mind being a selfless freak. Besides.." Ren lifted her head to look at Sousuke.

"I can't stop you"

"You can't stop me"

Sousuke's voice cracked a little as he said it. He observed Ren a second longer. He smiled.

"Alright. Let's go back." 

"You reek of oil,Sou. Don't come near me." 

"..Harsh as always,I see."

"If you said so."

"Sousuke. Where were you?" Rin was leaning against the doorway,and he jolted up as he saw his best friend. Followed by that specific girl. That specific girl with blue hair and blue eyes.

"Nowhere." Sousuke addressed Rin's question with the vaguest answer Rin ever heard. A thought struck Rin.

"You..haven't been--"

"My,my. How fast your brain jumps to the dirtiest things possible. Perhaps the cola from last time did some permanent damage?" Ren drawled. Rin flushed angrily.

"Stop being such a cocky little--"

"Rin. It's time for lunch." Sousuke bit back a laugh.

------------

(A/N) Sorry for the Kokoro Connect ref i can't help it XD