Bonus Chapter

It's a day to prefectuals,Kou has scheduled an extra long practice that was,thankfully over. The swim club are walking home together. "Oh,Ren-senpai." Rei raised his eyes from the Algebra textbook he had in his hands.

"I will not lend you my ---

"Not that,Ren-senpai,the 2 dollars." Rei said,annoyed,pushing his red-rimmed glasses up.

"What were you not going to lend Rei-chan,Ren-chan?" Nagisa asked,his magenta eyes round and curious.

"It's a long story. I met Ren-senpai at a bookshop yesterday,and she was very over-protective of her manga." Rei explained to Nagisa. "Speaking of that,Ren-senpai,you didn't answer my question yesterday. You like manga?"

Ren cracked her knuckles,while Nagisa raised his eyebrows to the heavens. "Ren-chan you're an otaku?"

"In a way,yes. But in another way,no." She finally answered with a vague response that Nagisa couldn't interpret even if he tried.

"So are you an otaku or not?" 

"Stop bothering me."

"Reen-chaan!" 

"Stop it."

Nagisa rabbit-punched Ren's arm. "Tellme-tellme-tellme-tellme!" He whined. Ren exhaled,and gave Makoto an irritable look. "You seem to be enjoying this,Big One." She commented. 

"E-eh?"

"Sadist."

"That's actually the last thing I'll call Makoto." Haru said,not bothering to look at anyone or give any facial expression.  Nagisa laughed,and so did Makoto(rather weakly). The swimmers trudged along the dirt path in silence for a few minutes(excluding Nagisa and his infinite chattering),then Ren hesitantly parted her lips for a second,and then bit down nervously. She awkwardly thought over how to phrase her question well in her head. 

  "Say,you guys.."

"Is anything the matter,Ren-senpai?" Rei inquired,closing his Algebra book.

"Hm? What is it,Ren-chan?" Nagisa asked.

"Is there anything you need to know?" Makoto tilted his head sideways.

"......" Haru glanced at Ren expectantly,waiting for her to say her question,still keeping his silence.

"Is this... how.." Ren started,and then shook her head once.

"What is it?" Nagisa probed. 

"..It's nothing. Sorry." Ren said.

"Eh? Are you sure,Ren-senpai?" Rei asked,adjusting his glasses.

"I'm good. False alarm." Ren jabbed in a slight joke into her reply. Haru watched Ren like an eagle until she felt uncomfortable. "If you like water,stop looking at me like that." Ren ordered.  

Haru immediately averted his gaze.

"Oooh,Haru-chan,why were you looking at Ren-chan?"

"Stop with the -chan."

"Synchronized speech,how beautiful."

"'Beautiful' is now my least favorite word because of speedo glasses."

"Stop with the speedo,please,it brings back horrible memories."

""Oh,and Ren-senpai,do you have the 2 dollars with you now?" Rei added.

Ren went stiff,and paused to fish around in her pocket. Then she flashed Rei a fake smile. "Broke like nothing,speedo glasses."