You don't seem happy...

(Natalie's P.O.V)

"Morning, Joel. I've got a girl coming round in a bit. Is that okay?"

I ask, biting my lip. Joel looks up from his phone.

"Yeah, that's fine. Your house too. And stop it."

He warns.

"Stop what?"

I ask. He swats my arm.

"That. You've got beautiful kissers, stop destroying them."

He says. I blush and stop biting my lip. Suddenly, the door goes.

"Oh, there she is."

I shout out with excitement. Joel sighs.

"Girls and guests. I will never understand."

He mutters. I swat him on the knee and kiss his cheek. He smiles and gives me a one armed hug. I get up and go to the door. I open it and pull Sophie into a hug.

"Oh my god, I've been so worried! You have to tell me everything."

She says. I nod and shut the door after her. She takes her shoes and coat off and I go to make some coffees.

"Go sit in the living room. Just through there."

I advise. She nods and goes. I start humming whilst I wait for the kettle. Sophie comes back.

"What?"

I ask. Sophie makes a shy face.

"There's someone in there..."

She whispers.

"Oh well done, Sherlock."

I laugh. She gives me a look before saying,

"I don't wanna go in without you."

I smirk and hand her a mug of coffee. I take the lead and walk to the living room.

"Joeley, babe!"

I sing. Joel looks up and shakes his head.

"Alright, I think you've had am enough coffee this morning. Why are you being so kissy kissy when yesterday you mentally ripped my head off?"

He asks, reaching for the remote. I shrug.

"Oh. Joel, this is Sophie. She's my cousin."

They shake hands and we sit down on the sofa.

"Erm..."

Sophie stalls, looking at Joel, who's sprawled out on the sofa watching some crap on the TV.

"Oh, don't worry about him. He's deaf, we can say what the hell we want. Can't we, tool boy?"

I ask, laughing.

"HEY!"

Joel shouts. I giggle and Sophie starts.

"So, what happened? Tell me. What did Corey do?"

I sigh and explain.

"Well, he was threatening me, hitting me, forcing me to have sex with him...it came to the point where Ryan just got too worried as he hadn't seen me in a month...so him and the boys came to the house, found me there bleeding. Notice the scars? And then they took me back here and I slept here. I woke up in a most traumatic state. And then they told me that I can live here."

I say . Sophie nods.

"But, isn't living in a house with a group of strangers...unnerving?"

She asks. I shake my head.

"They aren't strangers. They're my best friends. They've helped me in so many ways even though I've only known them a couple of months."

I defend. She sighs.

"Well, your my cousin and my best friend so I can't really tell you what to do. But you know where I live, and you know all my numbers. Remember them if you need to get way from these. You can never know what these boys are like, Nat."

She says. I'm about to protest but suddenly, Joel does it for me.

"Right, okay, who the hell do you think you are?! Who do you think WE are? Do you really think that if were letting her live here, live off our money and giving her all the support and protection she needs, were gonna beat her and stuff?! Well, your wrong. I may not have know this girl long, but she's like a sister to me now. Your out of order saying that."

And with that, Joel storms out. Sophie looks unimpressed.

"Well...there you go. Your first sign of it. Temper."

She says. I shake my head at her.

"Sophie, he's my best friend. Please stop."

Suddenly, Ryan comes through.

"Oh, Ryan!"

I exclaim. I run to hug him and he nuzzles his head in my neck. When we pull apart,

"What's up with Joel? He's just storming around the conservatory, looking pissed off."

He asks. I explain and he's not happy either. Oh god.

"You don't know us. I'm taking care of her and I'm doing a good job so far. Would I really spend £500 on clothes for her if I was just gonna hit her. I don't think so."

He snaps at Sophie. He kisses my forehead lightly and storms off too.

(Ryan's P.O.V)

I'm so pissed off. I know she's Nat's cousin and all, but she's so negative. I crash on the conservatory couch and watch Joel stomp around.

"It's just bang out of order. She shouldn't judge us."

He hisses. I agree and Andy and Adam stumble in.

"Morning, where's Nat?"

Andy yawns. Joel answers,

"With her judgemental cousin in the living room."

Andy gets up and goes into the living room. Adam falls onto the chair and closes his eyes. I sigh. Maybe she's just trying to look out for Nat. Andy comes through.

"She just wants to keep Nat safe. She's been through a lot and Sophie's trying to keep her away from anything else."

He says. I nod. I get up and head for the living room. I come up to the doorway and cough. Both girls look at me.

"Erm...listen, Sophie. I guess your just trying to keep her out of harms way, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I said what I said. Just to let you know, Nat will always be safe as long as she's with me."

I apologize. Sophie smiles and says,

"Thanks, Ryan. I understand."

I nod and blow Nat a kiss before leaving. But I stay outside the door, listening in.

"So...you don't seem happy, Nat..."

"I am. Seriously, I feel great."

"Your not. It's impossible to feel great after you've just been scraped down with a knife by your ex."

"Okay, okay...I love the boys and I love how they're helping me through this. It's just to remember how he lied."

I sigh and go join the boys.