What was her name?

"You are such a moron"
"Knock it off, Adam" said Joel.
"I'm just saying"
"And you think I don't know that?" Josh replied.
"Dude, a chick you couldn't get in your wildest dreams, just fell on your lap, and you just decided to take a nap"
"It wasn't on purpose" Josh defended himself "besides, it was clear as day she wasn't interested once she sobered up"
"Well...I guess you're right, she couldn't wait to get away from you, and I can't say I blame her....ouch!!!" Said Adam, while receiving a punch on the shoulder.
"Do you at least remember her name?" Joel inquired.
"Her name yes, I do remember now, but not her last name, or anything to locate her by"
"Too bad" Joel replied "she looked like a fine candidate to become Missus Ellis" he said with a big smile.
Both Adam and Joel had been his best friends since freshman year in college, it wasn't long before the three decided to rent a place for the three of them, and had been inseparable ever since, now, six months after  graduation, they were still as close as brothers.
"Jackass"
"Just saying"
"And?" Adam asked.
"And what?" Josh inquired.
"What is her name?"
Josh took a look at the both of them, and their expectant looks on their faces.

"Miranda"

 He said "her name is Miranda"

"Even her name sounds too refined for you"
"It seems you are just aching for me to punch the other shoulder" said Josh, and immediately put thought to action.
Adam let out a pain scream, he had it coming.
"Any chance on meeting her again?" Joel asked.
"I don't even remember how I met her the first time"
"WTF dude!" They said in a chorus "what is the last thing you remember?"
I remembered getting of from work, then my boss invited all of us for drinks, I usually don't accept an invitation like that,but it's kinda hard to refuse your boss"
"What happened then?"
"He took us to one of those fancy places in Manhattan, and started to drink like there was no tomorrow, everything after that point, its blank"
"So...to sum it up...you,of all people, Josh the hermit, accept an invitation to someplace you could never afford on your own, and, somehow, managed to land a Manhattan supermodel type chick, and now you don't even remember how it all went down?"
"I'm glad you find this whole thing amusing" Josh snorted.

"Its either tears or laughter pal, and I don't feel like crying today" he smiled
Suddenly, a phone started to ring, the three checked their phones, it turned out to be Josh's phone.
He took a look at the number I.D. and said "excuse me guys, its my mom"
"Momma's boy" Adam laughed.
Josh just showed him his middle finger while heading to his room to take the call.
"Mom?"
"Hi baby"
"Hi mom" he replied "how are you today?"
"Just fine baby"
"Sorry I missed your call last night, I only saw it this morning"
"That's OK baby, I guess you were busy last night"
"Yeah" he replied, of course, he was not going to tell her exactly what was he busy doing.
"Your dad sends you his love"
Josh kept silent for a second "say hi to him for me"
"You do realize you both have to make up sometime right?"
"Mom, please, don't go there again" he asked.
"If you both are so stubborn to do it for yourselves, just do it for my sake"
Another awkward silence reigned for a few seconds.
"I'll think about it"
"That's all I ask"
"See you this weekend?" He asked.
"Of course baby, can't wait" she said gleefully.
"See you then, bye"
"Bye baby, please behave"
"Always mom, bye"
As soon as the call ended, he let a sigh of relief out, talking to his mom was tiring, specially when the subject of his dad comes up.

"Ok, back con topic" Adam said as soon as Josh got out of his room.
"What now?" Josh asked, he knew this wasn't going away any time soon, but that didn't prevent him from wanting to stop it all together.

"Dude, you have to find her" Adam declared.
"And how exactly, am I supposed to do that?" Josh inquired.
"Hmmm dunno, maybe going back to the nightclub every now and then, she probably is a regular there" Adam suggested.
"Say I find her in a month, I barely remember her, most likely she won't remember me, and even if she does, how am I going to explain that I been looking for her?"
"Just tell her that you felt a connection, and couldn't just let it go" Joel suggested.
"At which point she will have me arrested for harassment, and most likely will file for a restraining order, besides, for what little I remember, I very much doubt she's short on stalkers, a girl like that could have any guy at her feet"
" at least she's got one" Adam jested.
"You morons should just try to get a girl yourselves, and stop trying to live bycarriously through me"
"First, we have never lived bycarriously through you, since you barely have a personal life, and this is about the only incident that can vouch for you being straight" Adam declared, with a naughty smile.
"And second, we DO get more girls than you, how many times have we told you your looks are wasted on such a weirdo?" Joel added.

Josh smiled "am I crazy or did you just call me good looking?" Josh asked "maybe you want me to chase this chick because that way you both finally lose all hope on me?" He laughed.
"Jackass" Joel replied.
"If you wanna let her get away, that's your problem" Adam spatted.
"Besides, there's a flaw in your plan" Josh stated.
"What's that?" Adam inquired.
"Who's gonna pay for the drinks while I search for her? or you guys suppose they will just let me loiter around?"
Adam and Joel looked at each other while scratching their heads, they wanted to help Josh, but buying a drink there would mean one less meal for any of them.
"OK, I admit I did not think of that" he admitted "but we can figure something out"
"I'll leave guys to it, I'm running late for work and I need to get ready" Josh said just before closing his bedroom's door.

Of course, Josh did not tell them that he remembered later the best part of the evening, and the image of "Miranda", mounted on top of him, with the sheets around her waist, her hair loose, and the rest of her body exposed for him to behold, was an image that was burned in his memory, probably for the remainder of his life.
He genuinely wanted to find her, but knew the task to be impossible, so he just wanted to keep it as a great memory.
His first " one night stand" he thought, although he knew that he had lucked out on his first strike.
He had set the bar too high for whoever came next, all girls would have to measure up to "Miranda" from now on.
And as unfair as that sounded, that was the way it was going to be.

"Miranda" he sighed "where can I find you?, was I so bad you couldn't even give your number?, if I ever find you, would you give me a chance?"

With these thoughts, he continued to get ready for work.

But as the old say reads.
"Be careful of what you wish for...as it may just come true"