what the hell is wrong with me?

Miranda was busy working.

Something she had done little lately, it's not like she had nothing to do, in truth, Miranda was one of the busiest persons in the entire company, she had been made the head of planning and acquisitions by her father since a couple of years ago.

And she had done a remarkable job at it, a keen sense of timing and opportunity had served her well. 

But, for some reason, Miranda, although a prodigy in her area, had been somewhat absent lately.

Her father didn't ask too much about it, he figured that, for the first time in a very long time, something else had taken priority over her work life, namely, her newfound social life, and although the company would probably suffer a little, her father was overjoyed by it.

Of course, Miranda's father had no way of knowing that her social life was way different than what he pictured it to be.

Miranda was certainly focused on her social life now, but not enjoying it so much, her baby took half of her focus, that in itself was not an issue.

The issue was the other half.

Miranda was not even sure what it was at that point.

She didn't even think about it when she summoned Josh to her place in the middle of the night, using cravings as an excuse.

It was true that she had cravings, but it was also true that all she had to do was to pick up the phone and she would have gotten anything she wanted right at her doorstep, and yet, for some unfathomable reason, Josh's face popped up in her mind.

She wasn't even thinking when she picked up the phone and dialed his number, a mere reflex would be a more accurate description.

When she heard his voice, she could tell he was dead asleep when he got the call, and a flash of Josh lying face down and naked on his bed crossed her mind, and that, for some reason, made her sweat, as if someone had turned on an instant heater, to match Miranda's bedroom temperature with that of the Caribbean.

Of course, a little resistance was to be expected, but she had already imagined a way to trample over it, and sure enough, all opposition was swiftly dissolved.

Almost an hour later, Josh was at her door with the things she craved, as Miranda opened her door, she could see Josh wearing a sleeveless shirt and jeans, no doubt, he got dressed with the first clothes he found, he wasn't even wearing sneakers, slippers occupied his feet.

"Come in" she ordered.

"Well...good morning to you too" Josh growled, while making his way inside.

"What took you so long?" Miranda inquired, ignoring Josh's sarcasm.

"Gee...i don't know...perhaps...the physical distance between here and my place in Brooklyn?" he snorted.

"I ordered cake, not attitude" she defied.

"Whatever, if it's alright with her majesty, i would like to start the long way back home" Josh said while turning around.

"I didn't say you were excused" she replied.

Josh turned around, only to find Miranda struggling to open the box containing the cake.

He just looked at her, while she inspected the box, like trying to figure out how to open it.

"Don't tell me it's the first time you have seen one of these" 

Miranda glared at him for a second, before refocusing on the box "i have seen one before, it's just that i have never opened one myself, i don't eat sweets often, and certainly not in this quantity" she confessed.