Renegotiate?

During Sunday, nothing in particular happened, as Miranda barely wanted to have anything to do with Josh, she could still not shake the bitter aftertaste that the last evening brought.

She limited herself to check Marcus's updates from time to time, but all he reported was that Josh never left the apartment and that his friends were still a little afraid of him.

Although, Miranda did find out something of note from the whole odyssey, and that was that dealing with Josh had proved not to be as simple as she initially believed.

Josh had proved to be resourceful, and devious, whenever he chose to, and if she counted the ease in which he disarmed her with that kiss, she definitely shouldn't  underestimate him, and most definitely she couldn't let her guard down around him.

A ring on her phone caught her attention.

As she picked it up and looked at the screen, she could see Josh's ID on it.

"we need to talk" was all the text said.

"now he wants to talk, but last night he barely looked at me on the way to his place" she thought.

"what do you want?" was Miranda's reply.

"i want to renegotiate our agreement" he wrote back.

Miranda's eyes went wide open upon reading that last one.

"this guy just went nuts!" she thought.

"and just why would i do that?" she sent.

"because if you don't agree to it, i have copy of the last one with me, with your signature on it, i bet my mom and your dad would like to take a look at it" he wrote.

Miranda didn't answer immediately, mainly because her cellphone went flying across the room as soon as she saw the last reply.

"i'm gonna kill you!" she yelled at the top of her lungs.

She punched all the pillows on her couch and threw kicks to imaginary copies of Josh scattered around the room, laughing at her, cursed and screamed all sorts of curse words directed at Josh.

It took her a couple minutes to calm down.

once she did, she rushed to find her phone, which she found lying right in the direction she last saw it flying to.

The phone, by some weird miracle, was still functioning.

"where do we meet?" she wrote.

"my roommates are at my place, so i guess your place in one hour" he replied.

She threw the phone on the couch and started to walk around the place.

"i can't believe the nerve on this guy!" she yelled.

"i wonder how much money he will demand" she thought.

Miranda had one hour to figure out how to deal with him, it was obvious at this point that her initial threats wouldn't work a second time.

Punctual, Josh arrived followed by Marcus an hour later.

Josh and Marcus headed inside, and found Miranda seated in her desk, with a face of disgust as soon as Josh made his way inside.

"leave us Marcus" Miranda ordered.

"Marcus should stay" Josh refuted "he is the only one who knows everything, he will serve as witness".