Are you serious?

The next day, as soon as Josh got out of his place, he found Marcus standing outside waiting for him.
"Morning" he greeted Josh.
"Morning" replied Josh, a little annoyed.
"Lighten up, daddy" Marcus teased.
"Thanks for reminding me" he replied.
"My pleasure" he smiled.
"You do realize I'm heading for school right?" Josh inquired.
"I'm aware" Marcus replied "I will just find somewhere in campus to wait for you"
"Suit yourself" Josh said, before heading to his car, a beat up Chevy.
"I don't think I will fit in that" Marcus observed.
"to tell the truth, I don't quite fit either, but its all I got" Josh said while shrugging his shoulders.
"I'll make sure to bring the SUV tomorrow" Marcus said, while struggling to get inside the back.
A few minutes later, both were headed to Greenwich Village.

Josh spend the rest of the morning attending classes, while occasionally looking out the window, and almost every time he found Marcus, just walking around aimlessly.
It was definitely hard to lose sight of a man that size, even the other students seemed to look at him wherever he went.
"I guess even if he were dressed in regular clothes, he would still draw peoples attention" he figured.
If anything, his black suit and white shirt, with black tie, made people assume he was some rich guy's bodyguard, thus, harmless to them.
At lunch, he checked his phone, and found a message from Miranda.
" I need to see you as soon as you finish with school" it read.
Josh sighed and wrote back "I need to go to the restaurant to resign, as instructed".
A few seconds later he got the reply " OK, but tell Marcus to take you to my place afterwards"
"OK I will" he wrote back, and  shoved the phone in his pocket.
"Tyrant" he whispered.
"Whom?" A female voice said behind him.
Josh turned around, and found Sophie looking at him.
"Never mind" he said
"You seem to be in a bad mood today" she pointed "you were scowling during class"
"I'm just having one of those days" he replied, and while touching his pocket, he added "and I don't think its improving any time soon"
"Anything I can do to help?" She inquired.
Sophie was one of his classmates, a blonde, petite girl, from Boston, he seemed to recall, slender figure and delicate features, and she was, apparently, always in a good mood, they met in class and seemed to get along well, but Josh's work and hers prevented them from pursuing something more.
Still, they had become friends, and would get together with other friends whenever there was a chance.
"Nothing to worry about" he answered.
Sophie just observed him "you would tell me if there was something wrong right?" She inquired.
"Of course"
"By the way..." She stopped mid way.
"What is it?" Josh inquired.
"That new haircut and those clothes look amazing on you" she said, while blushing.
"T..thanks" Josh stuttered, also blushing.
"Good, now let's head inside" she suggested, trying to cut the conversation short, after such confession, it could only go south from there, and she had already said too much.
"Right behind you" Josh finished, and both made their way back.

As soon as he was done, he looked around to find Marcus, surely enough, the big guy was not far, he found him sitting on a bench.
"Miranda texted me" he told him "She wants me to meet her at her place, but first I'll drive us to my former job to resign"
"Let's go then" Marcus said, while standing up.
Both headed towards Josh's Chevy, but as they were getting there, Josh felt like someone was watching him, turned around a little, already standing by his car, and found Sophie looking at him at a certain distance.
She was a bit far, but not enough for Josh not to notice her curious face.
Josh considered to ignore her, but that would probably only make her mad, so he waved his hand at her as a goodbye.
She responded in kind, but Josh got inside before his wave encouraged her to get closer, the last thing he wanted to do was explain to her who Marcus was, and more importantly, what he was doing with him.
And as soon as he could, he drove off.

Josh and Marcus arrived at Miranda's place in Midtown Manhattan, after their visit to Josh's former job.
His boss was surprised to learn about Josh's resignation, but took it rather professionally, and only scolded Josh a bit for not giving proper notice.
"Here we are" Marcus announced.
Josh only looked at the building as they were heading for the underground parking.
Miranda had already informed security about their arrival, so they got past without a hitch.
Once outside the car, and on the way to the elevator, Josh asked Marcus.
"Do you have any idea what she wants now?"
"No, but she wouldn't call you all the way here for no reason" Marcus stated.
"That's what I'm afraid of" Josh responded.
Josh found out that Miranda's place was the pent house.
"Naturally" he thought with sarcasm.
Once at her door, Marcus spoke to the intercom.
"Miss Miranda, we're here"
"Come in" they heard, and the door opened.
Miranda was wearing her stay at home clothes, a T-shirt and sweat pants.
"And she said the baby would be embarrassed by me" he thought "we practically dress the same"
Miranda laid eyes on post-makeover Josh for the first time, and stared at him like stupefied, the new look made him look amazing.