You want us to meet you where?

"James?" She asked over the phone.

"Hello Miss Miranda" he greeted her "you want me to go pick you up?".

"No need, I just want you to give me Roland's number.

"Roland's number?"

"Yes"

"Hmmm...If you want to talk to him, he's right here, at the company's lobby"

"Perfect, put him on the phone"

"Hang on"

A rustle was heard, then a second of silence.

"Miss Miranda?"

"Hi Roland"

"James told me you were looking for me, what can I do for you?"

"I need you to escort me somewhere"

"Of course Miss, just tell me where to meet you"

"Tell James to take to the corner of Penn St and Marcy Ave. in Brooklyn, he knows where it is, I'll meet you guys there"

Miranda made a little pause, she was still drawing her battle plan on her mind.

"I'm going to need one of your guys"

Roland didn't answer immediately, he had been working for the Hawthorns for a few years, and he knew well enough how strongly against having a bodyguard Miss Miranda was.

"To watch over you?" He asked.

"Of course not" she replied "I need you to guard someone for me"

"Just one guy?" Roland inquired.

"Hmmm yes, but make sure it's someone big"

"Anyone in mind?"

Roland was aware of a trait about the Hawthorns, they knew the names of virtually all the employees they had working for them, at least the ones they had immediate contact with.

Miranda learned this trait from her father "people feel appreciated when you know who they are" her father told her since infancy, and Miranda always heeded her father's advice.

Miranda thought for a second "Marcus" she finally announced.

"Are we expecting any trouble?" Roland asked.

"Certainly, but not for me" was the reply.

"We're on our way Miss, see you there"

"OK, bye"

Once she hung up, Roland handed the phone back to James.

"Miss Miranda wants us to meet her at the corner of Penn St and Marcy Ave. in Brooklyn" Roland announced.

James recognized the address immediately, after all, it's not every day that one of the richest bachelorettes of Manhattan calls to get picked up from Brooklyn.

As they were making their way to the SUV, Roland asked.

"What business could Miss Miranda possibly have in Brooklyn?"

"I would like to know myself" James replied "but she only calls for you when she wants to scare someone, so my guess would be that a certain someone is in trouble"

"Whom?"

"Again, I would like to know myself"

Roland gave James a quizzical look, but James didn't say anything more.

James was too busy thinking, it was no secret for the staff that Miss Miranda Hawthorn was a very peculiar young lady, unlike most girls in her social strata, she didn't spend her time on stores or nightclubs, she hardly ever went out, and disliked the attention her father's money gave her, and the privileges too, James could remember how much her father had begged for her to take a bodyguard, and how she would not hear any of it, only once she had called for Marcus before, she asked Roland, her father's head of security before, for his biggest, most intimidating man, and that time it was to scare off one of the sons of her father's friends, that seemed to think she was up for grabs, and it worked, the guy could not get away faster, James knew her all her life, and still, with all that knowledge, the idea of her going back there was puzzling, and such fought had James's head too busy to add anything more to Roland's inquiries.

James tried to recall the guy's face, but that morning the morning sun was shining from behind  the guy's building, thus preventing him from getting a good look, and later when the guy started knocking at the passenger's window, he was more concerned about Miss Miranda getting angry at him for stalling, than he was curious to know what was Miss Miranda's type, so he took off quickly and only looked in the rearview after they were almost a block away, so he only saw a man's figure, standing in the middle of the street in the distance.

Of course, now he was wondering if this time around, he would get a good look at the guy.

A few minutes later, the three of them were on their way.