what's the story?

The next two days went by almost without incident.

Miranda even dialed back in her meddling in Josh's life, she only limited herself to check with Marcus from time to time.

"don't forget about dinner tonight, and please wear the best suit you got last time" Miranda texted him in the afternoon.

"i'm sure you realise that this is not one of those things that one can just forget about, right?"

"just making sure, again, i will pick you up at six"

"can't wait"

Miranda put down the phone, and continued to work while wondering if she should ask him to send her a picture of the final look before going to his place.

Later that day, Miranda was already in the car outside his place.

"i'm here, come down" she texted him.

"be right there" was the reply.

a minute later, the door of the limousine opened, and Josh made his way inside.

wearing a navy blue suit, with a sky blue shirt and a blue satin tie with a matching handkerchief.

Miranda, quite litterally, gulped a bit at the sight, last time, he wore only casual clothes she had bought him, and the result was already beyond her expectations, but it didn't occur to her just how good would Josh look in formal attire.

Josh took his place across from where Miranda was seated, and barely even looked at her.

"are we waiting on someone else?" Josh asked.

Miranda reacted inmediately "we can go now Miguel" she ordered.

a  minute later, they were on their way.

The whole way there, Miranda experienced nervousness like never before in her life, ocassionally taking peeks at Josh, who looked lost in the vastness of the scenery from the car window.

And as hard as Miranda tried to avoid it, only one way to discribe him came to her mind.

"dashing" she struggled to acept numerous times.

"apparently i'm the only one stressing over this" Miranda finally said, breaking the silence.

Josh turned to look at her for a second, and returned his sight to its original position.

"this is happening wether i want it or not, so what is the point of stressing over it?"

"excuse me for worrying too much" she scoffed.

they both kept silent for a while more, but suddenly, now was Josh's turn to break the silence.

"i want to ask you something" he said.

"go ahead" she answered.

"what is the story?"

"what story?" Miranda asked, half perplexed by Josh's question.

"our story" he replied "i don't suppose that you want to tell your dad that we met at a bar, got shitfaced beyond belief and jumped into bed together after just a few hours, do you?"

Miranda's eyes opened wide.

"oh my god" she squealed.

"i imagine i can interpret that as a 'i had not tought of that', right?"

Miranda just directed a glare at him, but he was right on point.

"we have to think of something" she blurted.

"like what?" he asked.

"i don't know, an excuse for us to meet, a place, a hobbie, a mutual aquaintance or something"

"i'm pretty sure our social circles are too far from each other, as for hobbies i dont suppose you jog in the mornings" Josh affirmed "as for places, i don't think you visit brooklin all that much".

Miranda looked at him a little annoyed and very frustrated.

"School" Josh said.

"what about it?"

"i live in brooklin but i come here to school" he elaborated "it may not be near to your usual route, but you can surely make an excuse to come near the school"

"which one is it again?" Miranda asked.

"Stern school"

Miranda pondered a bit about it "Whashington square park" she said.

Josh looked at her like expecting an explanation.

"it's near your school, and while its not my usual route, i can just say i was meeting a friend there, and we met by chance"

"who made the first move?" Josh asked.

"you did" Miranda answered.

Josh gave her a quizzical look.

"if we say that i made the first move, both my dad and my nanny will know right away we are lying"

"your court, your rules" Josh sighed.

"what if they ask for the details of the story?" he asked.

"if anyone asks, we will just tell them that it is a story just for the two of us" she said "both my dad and my nanny are suckers for romance, so i guess that should do the trick"

"Ok" was all he answered.

he was about to ask more questions regarding her, but did not had the chance.

"we arrived" Miguel announced.

"let the show begin" Josh said, while opening the door and stretching his hand at Miranda.

once Miranda got out of the car, now it was Josh's turn to get mezmerized.

Miranda was wearing a champagne color backless knee lenght cocktail dress, with her hair loose and just a little golden necklace and a thin bracelet as accesories, in short, in Josh's eyes, a definite knockout sight.

Although, for the sake of his dignity, he recovered as fast as possible, while offering Miranda his arm.

she grabbed his arm, and both of them started to walk towards the inside of the building in front of them.

unfortunately for them, two things didn't happen that night that could have prevented what was to follow.

The first, was that although Miranda was about to ask Josh what was he trying to say before Miguel interrupted them, at the sight of 'dashing' Josh offering her his arm, all thoughts escaped her mind.

The second, was that Josh was so mesmerized by Miranda in her formal party outfit, that didnt pay much attention to anything else.

Had he done so, maybe, he would have noticed earlier, where exactly were they headed.