Godmother who?

Once she got discharged, the girls decided that it was best to go to breakfast as planned, but this time to allow Miranda to process the news, and what to do about it.
"Cheer up" Michelle pleaded.
"Would you be able if you were in my shoes?" Miranda asked.
"I'm just trying to help" she replied.
Miranda looked at her sad face "I'm sorry, I know you mean well, it's just that right now I still don't know what to think of all this"
"Well...no use crying over spilled milk, now you need to focus on what to do" Rebecca said.
"That's a good question, what am I gonna do now?"

"Ummm...if you don't wanna keep it, you're still on time" Rebecca said, with a sad look on her face.
Miranda, for some reason, unknown to her, placed both her hands on her stomach, instinctively, like protecting it from Rebecca's words.
And it was right there when she realized, that as shocking as the news was, she had already made her mind, the second she heard it, was definitely sudden, and definitely unexpected, but the moment she found out, that very moment it ceased being unwanted.
She took a look at her hands and realized that.
"My baby is not going anywhere" she said in a whisper.
Still, her friends heard it.
"Excellent choice" Rebecca said with a smile "I knew you weren't capable of doing something to my godchild"
"Your godchild?" Michelle asked while lifting her eyebrows " I'm pretty sure the role of the godparents is to rear the kids in the right path, not the other way around"
"If its a boy, I'll be the cool Godmother that buys him his first lap dance, if its a girl, I'll pay for her first nose job, and regardless of gender I'll make sure to get him or her a Ferrari for the eighteenth birthday, like civilized people should"
Michelle and Miranda laughed histerically.
"It's a mother duty to protect them from harm, and I guess the first protection he or she is going to need, it's from the so called Godmother" Michelle pointed "besides, don't think for a second that I will let that innocent creature in your "capable" hands, I would do a better job at it on crack, than you would, so the godmother is gonna be me"
Of course this led to a bickering contest between the prospect godmothers
Miranda just looked at the scene and laughed.
"I'm sorry baby, mommy is really ashamed that these two were the best I could do as far as friends go"
The comment didn't go unnoticed, and both godmothers were looking at her with contempt.
"If you wanna apologize to the poor thing, apologize for the lack of his mothers social skills, luckily, the godmother will be there to make sure he or she learns how to behave like a proper human being"
The girls achieved the desired effect with their banters, to calm Miranda down.
In truth, Rebecca suggested termination precisely knowing that Miranda, her friend, closer to her than her own family, was incapable of hurting another human being, let alone her own kid.
They spent the rest of breakfast deciding the first twenty one or so years of life of the unborn infant.
Miranda kept her hands on her stomach the whole time, starting that day, she would protect it against all forms of harm.
"Ummm Miranda?"
"What is it now, and don't tell me you want me to deliver it on a Spa" she joked.
Rebecca only mildly smiled, it became obvious to Miranda that  whatever it was, was no laughing matter.
"What is it?"
"Ummm...what about the baby's father?" Rebecca asked.
It was up until that point that she remembered that the baby did not get to her body by miracle, that a drunken idiot put it there.

And she started to imagine him, comfortably asleep on his bed, without a care in the world, meanwhile she imagined herself getting fat, her ankles swelling up, the morning sickness, the pain of childbirth, that she was gonna take care of this little person, that she was going to have to explain to her father that she was gonna be a mother soon, she could see the look of disappointment in Nanny's face, and that she was going to do all that by herself, while he just strolled around Brooklyn, fresh as a lettuce.
And as Much as she loved the idea of being a mother, and she was loving it more by the second, she could not help to avoid the thought that he was just as responsible as she was, if not more, and if there was a thing that Miranda Hawthorn was never gonna allow, was for someone to make a fool out of her, not even the sharks at Manhattan had been able to, and she certainly wasn't gonna let some jackass from Brooklyn to.
"Him" she whispered, and she could feel a burst of anger travel across her body.
"Yes, Miranda, what about him, I mean, it's not like you need him to support you, but still he's the baby's daddy, he has a right to know"
"Oh he's gonna find out alright" she said " that asshole is gonna rue the day he decided to mess with me" and as she said it, Miranda stood up, and stormed out of the place, cursing uncontrollably.
Rebecca and Michelle just stood there, watching Miranda leave, shocked at the sight of Miranda enraged.
"What do you think she plans on doing?" Michelle asked.
" I'm not sure, but you know as well as I do how bitchy she can get when she gets angry, and I don't recall seeing her this angry before, so only one thing is certain at this point"
"What's that?"
"That not even god can save poor victim #2 now" Rebecca sighed
"Victim #2?"
"Do you recall another one of her victims?"
"True, I always believed that she preferred to keep her business to herself, but now that you mention it, she never mentioned any other victim"
"At least not since victim #1, whoever the poor bastard was" Rebecca declared.
"We never even got a name"
"So now that my godchild is in the picture, we MUST get victim #2's name" Rebecca announced.
"It's MY godchild, by the way, but you're right, we have to squeeze the prude into confession"

"I just wonder if there will be any of him left for the baby to meet someday" Rebecca snorted.

"Yeah, that poor bastard, doesn't even know what's coming to him"

"Prude girl in Evil queen mode" they said solemnly at the same time.