Twelve || Take it Easy

The sound of a jackhammer buzzing outside is what jolts me out of my sleep. It isn't great either, considering the fact that I hit my shoulder on the night stand in the process. I groan and lay back down, the pillows only holding my head up. As the light shines through the slightest gap of the curtains that joins together, I feel the sunlight hit my eyes, only blinding me for a moment.

Sadly, James ad I have to get up to go to class, but as I think about it, it seems like the most impossible thing at the moment. How the hell am I supposed to get him up, dressed, teeth brushed and everything else and be on time? On top of that, I'm going to have to drive to school and I just hate driving in this city. I'm not used to it and these other drivers on just so reckless on the road. I grab my phone off the nightstand and look at the time. 6:03.

Class starts at eight, I think this might be possible.

On the bright side of all of this, I only have this sling on for a week and then it can come off and I will be able to actually help James.

Man, this is a mess.

"James," I pat the bed beside me. Nothing. I mean, I can't really expect that to wake him up. "James, it's time to get up," I shake his arm.

He groans and tries to turn onto his side, but fails miserable. I guess he forgot about his cast. "Do we really need to go?" he asks, his eyes still closed. He lifts his arm and puts it over his eyes.

I sigh, "Yeah, we do. It's not like this is free," I remind him.

He lifts his arm up and looks at me. "I'm not the one paying for it."

I roll my eyes at him. "You're going to class." As I sit up, I feel a jolt of pain hit my lower back. I wince in pain and feel as James shift and his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asks me with a worry filled voice.

I nod, "Yeah, just a bit sore."

I feel his hand run up and down my back for a brief moment. "Are you going to be okay?"

I nod, "Yeah, I'll be fine," I climb out of his bed and stand up, cracking my back. "I'm just going to get some coffee started and then I will come and help you get ready."

James smiles at me, "Thank you, Darling."

I smile back at him and leave the room.

As I finish making the coffee, I notice James enter the room on his crutches. "Were you able to get up okay?" I ask him.

He nods, "Yeah, I'm just a bit sore, just the same as you."

I hear as he hops over to me. I turn around and look at him. I smile at him and lean against the counters, still looking at his face. My eyes wander from his mouth to his eyes.

"Vena, I- "

Before he can say anything else, I step forward and press my mouth against his. Without much of any warning from me, I feel him move his lips in sync with mine. Slowly, I feel as he grabs my hand in his and laces our fingers together. He pulls away for a brief moment, but before I can say anything, he returns his lips to mine. I pull away from him and smile at him, "We've got a ton of stuff to do."

He groans, "But, Vena... What I had in mind is much more fun," he raises his eyebrows suggestively at me.

I shake my head at him, "Of course, but no. We are both still much too injured for that."

He sighs, "Fine, but I'm not having a shower this morning. With this thing, it seems much more difficult than it has to be."

I nod, "Yeah, we'll figure that out later."