Sixty Five || Semiautomatic

Vena's POV

Well, James is extra stupid tonight if he thinks I am just going to sit here and wait for him to come back. I mean if I did, what kind of message would I be sending? It would be me basically say that 'Oh, I'm just going to sit here real pretty and wait like a bitch'. The thing is that that I am no bitch. I mean, yes, I am a bitch, but I mean it's in a totally different sense. The point is that if he thinks I'm just going to sit here and do nothing, he's got another thing coming.

Of course, this may not be exactly a good idea. Though, I will quote James on his extravagant insult and say that I am no "Prissy Bitch".

I get out of bed and grab my cardigan and put it over my tee shirt. I get the feeling that Autumn would be the type to turn the heat right down at night. My mom would turn it down to save money on bills when I was living at home, but I don't have a clue what Autumn's excuse is. I slide on my Toms and leaves James's room. Just as I thought: freezing cold.

I pull my cardigan closer to my body. Around me, people cower in inconclusive pods. Each of them mostly made up of women and children. Jesus, is this their protocol for emergency situations? This can't possibly be productive. I move around people until I get to the stairs. On the main floor, there must be an good estimation of two hundred men. Fuck, is Autumn building a bloody army? Sure looks like it. As I make my way to the main floor, every man that could possibly see me stares at me.

I roll my eyes. What the hell is their problem? I mean have they never see a woman in place? I mean, obviously, they have, but probably no woman whose willing putting themselves in the same position as them.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing down here?" I turn around and find a strange man staring at me with complete anger risen upon his face.

I sigh, making expression turning to nothing but pure annoyance. "That's none of your business, now is it?" I ask him.

"Actually—"

"That was rhetorical, just in case you were wondering."

I move on, ignoring any further bickering on the subject. Those who overheard the exchange didn't stop me, they didn't say one Goddamn word. The further I go, the more the hallways become that much closer knit. It's horrible and I hate that so many people are brushing against me, but I need to know what the fuck is going on.

"Hey, you can't—"

"Yes, I can," I retort. "Dipshit," I add, mumbling under my breath. These dudes really think they have control over me. I mean, if I won't listen to my own boyfriend, do they really think I am going to act any different for them? Clearly not. I finally I find an empty hallway and I'm confused. Well, what the fuck is all the commotion about then?

I continue down the hall to the door and push it open. I fully intend on finding out what is going on. I push open the door to where Jason and I were talking earlier— the Armory, I believe. I push open the doors and find Kamer and Autumn examining a quite large gun. For a good image of what that would look like, I know I sure as hell know I couldn't lift it.

"Unintentional discharge?"

Autumn rolls her eyes at him. "It's highly unlikely that this gun would go off without intention. You and I both know that Jason checks them every night. Asshole."

"Yeah, well the shot in the drywall shows differently."

"There's hundreds of fucking holes in that wall, Kamer. It's there for demolishing. You're being so fucking—"

"Oh, hi, Vena," Kamer mumbles as he continues to examine the gun, disregarding Autumn's comments.

Autumn stares at me, weary. "What are you—"